Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Well, this is my first post here, so I'd like to say "Hello" to everyone.
I discovered this site while I was looking for some additional pictures of A&A D-Day a few days ago, and now I'm hooked for good! It's unbelievable how much information can be found here, congrats to the webmasters! (Today I found the GeekLists cool )

But back to topic:
The first game seen on this site that I absolutly must have is "Hammer of the Scots". However, it seems I can only get it directly from their homepage. It costs 50USD + 25% shipping.
Now, has anyone every ordered a game from ColumbiaGames to germany and can tell me how much tax is added to the price? And how much this will finally cost me in Euro?
I won't place an order without knowing the final price, being a student on a tight budget...

So, any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
stinger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you with specifics, but you can probably get an answer from Columbia directly by writing grant@columbiagames.com. Whatever they charge you, I suspect it will be well worth the price: Hammer is an incredible game! (keep your eye out for Crusader Rex)

-V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know if taxes in Germany are the same as in The Netherlands, but expect them to be high. I paid customs (9%), sales tax (19%) and a flat rate of 9.50 euros administration costs (those bloody vultures even let you pay for having to pay them angry ). Be aware that these percentages are calculated over the original price PLUS shipping.

To be specific: my recent order was about $140 (Hammer, Rommel, EastFront, 20% discount). I paid a whopping 50 euros in tax. Total cost for Hammer alone: 45 euros, thanks to the weak dollar.

I would advise you to order more than one game from Columbia Games at the same time: if your order is over $100, they will ship it for free. They also give discounts when it's your birthday, and sometimes they have special offers.

Also be aware that Columbia Games recently started dsitributing their games via www.thoughthammer.com, see also http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea.... I noticed they are cheaper than CG itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Might even be distributed in Europe, I understand.

Now that would be interesting. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Wow, three good replies in under an hour, I like that! laugh

Koldfoot, can you tell me were you got that fantastic info and how "soon" do you think that will be? I mean, I sure could wait a bit if I could oder it right in germany, but not for too long, I think...

Thanks,
stinger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland T.
Germany
Near Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
Mind the Gap!
badge
Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves; Britons never will be slaves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I have received my Hammer of the Scots and my Rommel in the Desert a few weeks ago. They were held up quite some time in Frankfurt airport main customs. Total shiping therefore was something like 4-5 weeks.

However, customs did not charge any duties (Zoll) but only German sales tax (Mehrwertsteuer) at the regular 16%. The exchange rate customs used when calculating tax to convert USD to EUR was a proper market rate (something like 1.30).

So I can only recommend buying from Columbia directly. The exchange rate is very favourable at the moment. Shiping is free starting from 100,-- USD and with their current bundle promotion you can buy 3 games for USD 150,--. That's quite some saving when you order for example Hammer of the Scots, East Front and Gettysburg!

If you have any more questions just send me a geek mail.

Regards

DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Schönbohm
Germany
Bad Nauheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
quite some time ago I also ordered some games form Columbia and I had to pay some hefty 20 € for customs. Well the customs alone were nearly nothing, something around 3 €, but there was a handling charge of 17 €, that ticked me off. But maybe that has changed since there were some punishment customs on games from the US and I believe they have been removed by now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
BOOM
badge
BOOM
Well, as I said, because money is tight, I can't justify to buy more than ONE game from Columbia, so I can't use any of their bundle-offers, as much as I would love to...

But if Roland is right, the price wouldn't be as high as I expected:
the game itself -> 50.- USD
+25% shipping -> 62,50 USD
converted in Euro -> 48,08 €
+16% tax -> 55,77 € total

And that means, I'm good to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland T.
Germany
Near Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
Mind the Gap!
badge
Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves; Britons never will be slaves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Just got my second shipment yesterday. Again only sales tax added at 16%. Shiping was much faster this time. Only took 10 days!

DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.