Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Jenkins
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I listen to an episode of BoardgameSpeak, somebody sings praises to Fantasy Flight...Derk, Aldie, guest, etc.

I think Derk (you are the PR/Scheduling Agent, right?) needs to bust ass and get Fantasy Flight up in here for numero twenty.

I desire 147 minutes of discussion about beautifully detailed minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl de Visser
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Next Geekspeak...get Fantasy Flight!
I'd be very keen to listen to a Christian T. Peterson interview. He is the CEO, but I'd be more keen to hear his thoughts on design. Game of Thrones and Twilight Imperium 3 are very rich interesting games. They do a nice marriage of baroque old fashioned US wargames and more elegant German-style mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Derk sent something out to their general mailing address. Their response was that we could spend "half an hour with one of their PR agents" I guess they didn't understand what we were asking for. We'll hafta try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
I've exchanged Geekmail with Christian Petersen here on the Geek, and Kevin Wilson is around answering game questions quite a bit. It might be easier to email those two gentlemen directly via Geekmail! sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jenkins
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Aldie-

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Derk said you lived down the street from them during a Geekspeak...why e-mail? Just guilt trip them in person.

Or try what Fawkes said and send a geekmail. But that would be less exciting than a face to face passive aggressive showdown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian Peterson would be a fantastic guest, to be sure. I can only imagine, given the sizable FF lineup coming this year, what kind of insight he'd have into the gaming world past, present, and FF's future. If all else fails you could just threaten to beat up FF staffers with the TI3 box ( gulp OW!!gulp )until they agree devil .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would certainly be interested in his design comments on various games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Tersago
Belgium
Sint Truiden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the answers will be in the line of 'We are not allowed to talk about it' or 'I'll have to check if the company policy allows us to distribute this info'.

I don't know why this comes to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is based in Roseville, Minnesota - so I'm thinking Christian doesn't live near Aldie - though I don't really know where he lives.

Christian founded FFG, and what little I understand of the structure of the company, he is THE BOSS. They probably have investors/shareholders to answer to, but unless something major has changed recently - I think he still runs the joint. I assume he decides what can be said, so I doubt that is an issue.

He has been doing a "serial rant" on the rants section of their website for at least a couple of years, briefly documenting the history of the company with some flair. There are about 25 installments now, but I could only get back to about #19 in the archive, so I don't know if they have the whole thing archived somewhere else.

He started out trying to do comics or graphic novels (something like that) and it didn't work out. Eventually it evolved into a game company, and the rest is gaming history, I suppose.

Anyway, not just as a game designer, but as a publisher and President/CEO or whatever his title is - he would be a VERY interesting guest.

I'm sure he's busy, so maybe he hasn't heard any episodes and has no idea how good it can be.

Where's Zambo when you need him - I think he knows more about the place . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There would still be stuff he couldn't talk about (for sure!), but most of that would be in the future. It would be interesting to know which gae turned them around from being a so-so player to a fairly major one, and how that transformation was managed. I am interested in his views because while his games, and licenced game choices, are pretty unappealing to me, he seems to have the feel for a good section of the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.