Popular Tags: [View All]
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you that own the game: How would you rate the overall quality of the components? Especially the "diamonds"?

I'm hoping that the "diamonds" are nice, shiny, translucent, hard plastic similar to the rough jewels in Niagara. I will not buy the game if they are like the dull, opaque, flawed gems in the German version of Basari (They were such a disappointment!). I also would skip Diamant if the "diamonds" are actually just glass gaming stones. shake

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Components Question for Diamant Owners
DenverWolf (#468803),

The components are quite good. I've even heard complaints that the game is too expensive because it was over-produced.

The diamonds are hard translucent plastic. And they're diamond shaped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmiles (#469067),Bruno told me that the game was expensive because it comes from europe and the exchange rate is poor now. I would buy it for 20$ but not $35!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary James
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The gems are really nice - hard, shiny and very refractive. Everyone wants to get a handful, they feel so nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Followup Question...
Great! Thanks for your replies. This was the only detail holding me back. I'll go order a copy now!

Now here's a follow-up question: Does anyone know if these nice plastic gems are available separately (in lots of colors)? I've searched the web for plastic gems, gemstones, jewels, etc. and can't find a supplier. I looked for glass versions as well with no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletodoc (#469084),

The price has nothing to do with the exchange rate.

The game at Adam Speilt is listed as 21.5 Euros.

Compared to Boomtown at 16.5, China at 19.5, Amazonas at 25 the price may seem steep for what you get in the box.

By over-produced, people mean the publisher could have easily done away with the board and cardboard gem boxes and released it as a card game with simpler gems/tokens.

I personally don't agree with the people who feel the game is overproduced. I think the little extras put into this game really enrich the gaming experience.

I also think that this little extras are what are going to make it a nominee for the Spiel des Jahres. Something that would never have happened had it been released as a pure card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmiles (#469166),

I just received the game today and am very happy with the components. I just wanted to thank everyone for their input and wanted to record my agreement with Adam: The little extras here definitely make a great gaming experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.