Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Madison, WI Area Winter 2011 No-Ship Math Trade. This math trade will be open to any and all in the Madison area. You must be willing and able to meet on Saturday, Feb 12th, 11:30am @ Dahmen's Pizza Place to participate in the trade. This coincides with the scheduled monthly Saturday game day for Guilded Chaos, which starts at 12pm. I'd like to get trades handled a bit earlier so we don't interrupt their gaming, so please try to be there early.

=====

Dates:

Deadline For Game Submissions: 10:00 PM Central Time on Sunday, January 30th
Want Lists Due: 10:00 PM Central Time on Sunday, February 6th
Trade Happens: 11:30 AM Central Time on Saturday, February 12th @ Dahmen's Pizza Place in Madison, WI

=====

Important Links:

Trade Geeklist: Madison, WI Area Winter 2011 No-Ship Math Trade
Request Geeklist: Madison, WI Area Winter 2011 No-Ship Math Trade Request List

=====

Official news reserved at the top of this forum. For the rest, please talk amongst yourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're now officially registered on OLWLG, and I'll be syncing with the trade geeklist regularly. Feel free to begin adding your games to the list, and if you're so inclined, jump onto OLWLG (you'll need to get a custom url with login token for your BGG username) and begin to create your want list.

Good trading!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list has been locked down, and OLWLG has been setup for want list submissions.

I've completed my official want list, and have submitted it to the system. I will not be making changes to my wants at this point, and have generated an MD5 hash of my want list file: c12adf322c9e7349dff8604e7723aaea

Feel free to edit, submit and resubmit your want lists as much as you'd like for the next week. Post any questions you have to this forum, or to me directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade results are now posted up on OLWLG... post any questions here. Otherwise, see you all in 6 days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved for news, part 4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you post this on the subscription thread? I don't think that it has yet. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Send me a link to which thread that is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/218951/math-trade-announ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ross
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Has there been any word about someone from Milwaukee trading in this? If anyone is willing to act as a proxy, I would be really interested in getting involved with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing yet, but if we get a proxy I'd be all for it. Since the actual trade is happening on a Saturday afternoon, it's probably more likely that we could get a proxy interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ygor
Romania
Transylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben,

If you can work with the Milwaukee group and secure a definite proxy, just let us know.

pcservbot wrote:
Has there been any word about someone from Milwaukee trading in this? If anyone is willing to act as a proxy, I would be really interested in getting involved with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ross
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, sorry to have to say this, but it looks like there isn't much interest from the Milwaukee crowd. Many of them are going to be involved with the math trade that is coming up for the Fire & Ice Convention in Manitowoc, so they aren't too interested in getting involved with another one this close to that.

I hope it goes well for you guys. Happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question. This is a local trade, and sometimes local trades do not require the formal trade proposal via the BGG system. Is the formal trade proposal/process required for this one?

FYI: I might add items, but I cannot proxy for anyone at this time. And I generally avoid MTs which don't utilize the formal trade system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People are free to utilize the formal trade system, and I'd encourage it, but really that's up to the individual traders... it's more work to do, and I think some folks just don't feel the need to make use of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
I have a question. This is a local trade, and sometimes local trades do not require the formal trade proposal via the BGG system. Is the formal trade proposal/process required for this one?

FYI: I might add items, but I cannot proxy for anyone at this time. And I generally avoid MTs which don't utilize the formal trade system.

Cristian, I can vouch for pretty much everyone who has posted so far. I think I have traded or played games with almost everyone (including you) involved. So if its an issue with trustworthyness or anything like that, I can help with any problem resolution if there were any issues.

Otherwise, I like using the trade system as well and would encourage any of my trades to use the BGG trade system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Javoroski
United States
Keota
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

I'm unvouched-for, but I'm a good guy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note. Aram has accidentally deleted a trade list entry (in order to move a game as a sweetener on another entry). So, I dug around to figure out how this would impact OLWLG. Turns out, it won't impact it at all, since OLWLG uses the geeklist item id to track all offers, not the order # that the item appears in the geeklist. I'm guessing that the onus against deleting entries is probably based on the old manual method of running trades, where moderators most likely relied on the geeklist item order to manage a spreadsheet of offered games.

tl;dr Deleting items from the trade geeklist won't break anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spacehulk wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

Cristian, I can vouch for pretty much everyone who has posted so far. I think I have traded or played games with almost everyone (including you) involved. So if its an issue with trustworthyness or anything like that, I can help with any problem resolution if there were any issues.

Otherwise, I like using the trade system as well and would encourage any of my trades to use the BGG trade system.

Thanks for vouching for me. It's really not the trustworthiness which bothers me in local trades, it's the formality and feedback. I like to keep track of every trade I make, like the interaction, and consider positive feedback like currency.

It bothers me when someone isn't willing to use the formal trade system. I don't think that my concern is legitimately logical or a more informed position, it's just a quirk I have that's rather difficult to get past.

Thanks for your candid reply to my question. I hope that your MT really does turn out well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all... just a quick addition. Mike Betzel (Deliverator) has expressed interest in offering some additional games for sale while at the game day trade. These will probably be among games that didn't specifically trade, as well as perhaps a few others, and he's indicated that he'll offer some pretty good deals. I'll probably do something similar, and wanted to just open up the idea to the rest of you traders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested, for sure. Always looking for a good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the impatience, but were you going to run this tonight to determine the results, or was this going to wait until tomorrow when the Packers parties die down? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are up! Here's the direct link to the official raw result file, or check out OLWLG's results summary page.

Also, please consider Geekgold tipping the creator of OLWLG (there's a tip jar link on the results page.) It really is a handy tool, and saves a ton of time and effort.

Pilot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to thank everyone who participated in yesterday's game day and math trade. It was awesome to see so many friends there (new and old).

I'd say it was a roaring success. I can't wait till the next one!

- Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Javoroski
United States
Keota
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, thanks everyone. It was a fun time. I hadn't played Quo Vadis before either, so that was a good time too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.