Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fall 1914 move:

http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=DEDO&game=bgg051&page=...

Russia builds 2, Turkey removes 1. Russia needs 3 more to win, Austria needs 2.

Austria could prepare to make a strong attack on Hol, if Russia fails to adequately defend it. Unless Russia interferes, Austria should be able to take Con or Smy. And if Russia tries to use F Rum against Turkey instead of defending it, Austria might be able to take Rum as well.

Russia has a decent change to take Ank, unless Turkey focuses on thwarting Russia rather than defending against Austria. Russia could threaten Bel. He is also preparing to move more fleets into the Med, which will be a big asset when the time comes....

My prediction: If Austria doesn't win, Russia will. (Profound, eh?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rod:

Your map is missing Turkey's valiant disband of Smyrna and the builds of the two great units of Mother Russia (representing the sacrifice of our workers) - a fleet in St Petersburg and an army in Warsaw (the only two places I can build).

If I wanted to move more fleets into the Med, surely I would have moved MAt into West (or NAf) last turn. Wouldn't I?

Your analysis accounts for 50% of the possibilities. I think it is safe to say that the Sultan will not win, but there is still a possibility of a two-player or a three-player draw. What a delight it would be for peace to break out and the Sultan's honor be saved!

Let's see if it will happen.

Yours for the REVOLUTION!

Comrade mgringo
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.