Popular Tags: [View All]
David Yokota
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard others say that the spinner on their Select-o-Matic 5000 falls out after repeated plays. Mine hardly stays in place now. Has anyone come up with a way to keep the spinner in place while maintaining the secrecy of the selection (by this, I mean that when the Select-o-Matic is placed face down, no one can tell what was selected).

Thanks in advance for any ideas or solutions you might have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Tuxbury
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SHAZAM!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a little glob of Fun Tak work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
davidyokota wrote:
I've heard others say that the spinner on their Select-o-Matic 5000 falls out after repeated plays. Mine hardly stays in place now. Has anyone come up with a way to keep the spinner in place while maintaining the secrecy of the selection (by this, I mean that when the Select-o-Matic is placed face down, no one can tell what was selected).

Thanks in advance for any ideas or solutions you might have.

The best solution I know of is to email CustomerSupport@NorthStarGames.com. They will send out a replacement by the next day.

Sorry you received a defective one. That was common in the first print run of the game, but not since then.

Cheers,
Dominic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our SoM5k has had its share of issues, but it still works.

If you think the 5k is problematic, the Select-o-Matic 300 was dreadful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am eagerly awaiting the 6000. I hear it has some great new features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Yokota
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip Dominic. I'll try this out and let you know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidyokota wrote:
Thanks for the tip Dominic. I'll try this out and let you know how it goes.

Dominic is a very large part of North Star Games. I am sure he will take care of your issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Yokota
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
The best solution I know of is to email CustomerSupport@NorthStarGames.com. They will send out a replacement by the next day.

Sorry you received a defective one. That was common in the first print run of the game, but not since then.

Cheers,
Dominic

Hi Dominic,
I wanted to thank you for your advice. The customer service at NorthStar Games is top notch! I sent an email Friday night, received a courtesy reply from Andrew C. on Monday, and received my new Select-O-Matic 5000 today. In addition to the very fast response time, I also received a few other goodies (a Twizzler + some Wits & Wagers cards).

It's very refreshing to see that this level of service still exists in our day and age. Thanks again Dominic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played my first game over the weekend and it was awesome but the arrow in the select o matic fell out a few times. Why isn't there something on the other side to keep it in place? Is mine missing a piece? It's basically just an arrow that sticks into a hole from the top but there's nothing to keep it latched on other than the pressure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
Played my first game over the weekend and it was awesome but the arrow in the select o matic fell out a few times. Why isn't there something on the other side to keep it in place? Is mine missing a piece? It's basically just an arrow that sticks into a hole from the top but there's nothing to keep it latched on other than the pressure.

We're working on a solution right now. The reason the problem exists is that I didn't want a piece on the back. The back piece of the selector that the factory initially used was big and awkward and kept the selector from laying flat on the table. I did not like it. I told them to make the selector exactly like the ones from In10sity, which do not have a back. The selectors in In10sity never come off. Unfortunately, ours were not made in the same way, but I'm not sure what the difference is.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that we're working on a back piece right now for the next print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
We're working on a solution right now. The reason the problem exists is that I didn't want a piece on the back. The back piece of the selector that the factory initially used was big and awkward and kept the selector from laying flat on the table. I did not like it. I told them to make the selector exactly like the ones from In10sity, which do not have a back. The selectors in In10sity never come off. Unfortunately, ours were not made in the same way, but I'm not sure what the difference is.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that we're working on a back piece right now for the next print run.

Awesome to hear! Do you have an estimate on when the next run will be?

Thanks for making a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we're starting another run in a week or two. The games will arrive in our warehouse 3 months after that. Then it'll take another several months or more to get onto the shelves of stores. Sometimes it takes up to a year for stores to clear out their old inventory, so that part is hard to predict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was just curious as to whether or not the new selectomatic with the back piece is available yet. It's been over a year now since my last post lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
I was just curious as to whether or not the new selectomatic with the back piece is available yet. It's been over a year now since my last post lol.

Yes! Contact us on our website (www.NorthStarGames.com) and we'll send you one.

You might be interested to know that the next version of Say Anything will not even have a SELECT-O-MATIC 5000. We've devised a way to do hidden choosing on your answer card. But it'll probably be a while before we find the time to put it all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
HarryCanyon wrote:

Yes! Contact us on our website (www.NorthStarGames.com) and we'll send you one.

You might be interested to know that the next version of Say Anything will not even have a SELECT-O-MATIC 5000. We've devised a way to do hidden choosing on your answer card. But it'll probably be a while before we find the time to put it all together.

Thanks Dominic! I just did that. Also....I can't wait for Evolution...never played the game but backed the kickstarter. Very excited to try that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Yokota
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my new Select-O-Matic 5000 with the large back piece. I don't think the arrow will be falling out anytime soon. Special thanks to Alexandra from North Star Games for the ultra quick and courteous customer service. I also received a cool NSG bumper sticker!

Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.