BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Cross-referencing POSTS against GAMES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be neat to be able to have forum posts linked to the games they mention/discuss. Therefore, when discussing a given game, say Puerto Rico, the Puerto Rico page could have a temporary link to the latest posts that will expire as soon as those posts are deleted/archived. In this way, the "notify me of new content" flag could alert gamers to game-specific discussions. To ease this linkage, the poster could simply flag game titles within his post text using some notation such as brackets (e.g. [Puerto Rico]) and in making the post the system will automatically recognize and link the post/thread to the appropriate game page(s). The smart autolinking might even recognize direct hyperlink references such as

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/3076

for its cross-referencing purposes. These direct hyperlinks to the game pages would not otherwise have a reverse cross reference nor a content notification.

Additionally, on the game page, there might be another block where the latest game-specific posts/threads are shown.

Just a thought--take it or leave it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie has already stated that he plans to integrate the game pages into the forums - thus all game articles, session reports, reviews, etc. will be forum posts. When this happens, it is to be hoped that most people will post forums messages about Puerto Rico in the Puerto Rico forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.. sorry about that... so little to do and so much time... wait... strike that... reverse it.... on wego!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Aldie wrote:
on wego!

On Wego? Is that a new gadget that I missed? I simply MUST have it, now now NOW NOW!!!

Methinks I need a nap. snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No apologies necessary! I'm thankful for BGG in its present form. I simply must unload my ideas as they occur lest they fill up my brain and cause a stroke.

Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.