Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Seafarers expansion for the Settlers iPhone app is now out. I hadn't seen anyone else post about this yet, so I thought I'd spread the info.

There's a "lite" version that's free that seems to contain one Seafarers scenario. The rest are available as a $3.99 purchase. I presume that you already have to have Settlers on your phone to play the lite demo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only just bought the Settlers app (so I don't know what it was like before the latest update).

When you start a game there are (now) 16 scenarios to choose from : 1 is the basic game, 2 is a variation with less Ore being generated (presumably a Mountain hex is replaced with a pasture); 3 is a "basic game" but with the Harbormaster (as from Traders & Barbarians). scenarios 4 to 16 are for the Seafarers expansion and are locked unless you have bought the Seafarers expansion - except for scenario 7, which is presumably the Seafarers Lite bit.

The Seafarer expansion is bought from an In-app store - there is an expansions option in the Main Menu. So I'm guessing you can't buy Seafarers without already having bought the Settler game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.