Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
A hidden unit does not have a facing until it is revealed. So, it cannot move backwards ... it just moves.

This does not answer the gun pit question ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
don't derail the post please. i know a unit doesn't have a facing, but surely a gun pit doesn't constitute a unit. anybody have a real answer here please...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How exactly did your gun pit become hidden?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
in the FF setup: FF fresh paint; it's an official bonus scenario from academy games' website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't tried that one yet. I'm curious how this will be ruled, but here is what I would guess just from intent and simplicity:

When checking for a hit, the hidden defenders always are presumed to have the highest DM provided by the gun pit. The scenario seems to make a point of making it difficult to reveal their location, so this seems to play into that.

As for revealing, since assigning hidden facing causes all kinds of logistical issues, especially in more formal and less casual game sessions, it makes sense that the gun pit's facing is determined upon its being revealed in the same way as units.

Obviously, this is just my opinion, and should be taken as such. Hope you get an answer soon!

Cheers,

Jacovis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
i see your points and agree with the ones you make. the logicstical issues aren't really that great since they can't move. also, only the ATGs are sort of difficult to reveal, the other tanks set up in the pits are revealed normally. i guess it makes more sense to me that the gun pits' facing is determined prior, but again, no way to really know.

btw, jacob, are you interested in playing this scenario sometime today or this week via zuntzu and skype>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MoisesDelMar wrote:
i see your points and agree with the ones you make. the logicstical issues aren't really that great since they can't move. also, only the ATGs are sort of difficult to reveal, the other tanks set up in the pits are revealed normally. i guess it makes more sense to me that the gun pits' facing is determined prior, but again, no way to really know.

btw, jacob, are you interested in playing this scenario sometime today or this week via zuntzu and skype>

Normally I would definitely agree. I will keep your offer in mind. My semester is just beginning, and I have a lot of work this week. Once I get things situated and get a bit ahead of the game, so to speak, I will definitely send you a geekmail. Thanks for the offer!

Cheers,

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to talk to Uwe for an "official" ruling, but personally, I would play them to have a facing while hidden. Seems like the simplest option, and if you're using a hidden unit map to record hidden units, recording its facing is trivial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb
Embarrassing to build a gun pit and then have the gun facing in the opposite direction. Still I'm sure it happened more than once.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
I'd have to talk to Uwe for an "official" ruling, but personally, I would play them to have a facing while hidden. Seems like the simplest option, and if you're using a hidden unit map to record hidden units, recording its facing is trivial.

I agree James, but at that point, and in the future, that would almost make those maps required to play appropriately, especially if there are going to be more scenarios released with hidden facing fortifications. If something is more or less necessary for making the game flow and is not included with the game... Just saying is all. It's not difficult to download them and use them, but not everyone does is all. Looking forward to the ruling on this!

Cheers,

Jacovis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
good points all around; i tend to lean toward giving the gun pits facing during setup. also, when marking the hidden marker, you can also simply mark their direction on a sheet of paper: N, NE, W, SW etc etc so you wouldn't need the specialized sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.