Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Hagemann
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

has anyone made some experience with the two player version of the game? Is it still as intresting as the game seems to be?

Greetings,
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenon Iblis
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
+1

Can anybody comment on 2-player possibilities in this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played one 2-player game of Revolution (PBeM with the developer of the game) and I think it works very well in that form. It was a much better experience than I had expected as I had originally thought the main purpose of the 2-player game was for learning the game. It is excellent for learning, both the rules and the strategic potentials. Quite often, negotiations and alliances are not too common in larger games, but in the 2-player game - with actual allies working together - a player can get a real sense for what value one can get out of working with other players more closely.

What I really liked about it was that because each player handles two factions that are scored independently, one can sometimes have one faction going early for the early advantages (e.g. filling up Command Blocks and first opportunity to move armies) and have their other faction going later for the advantage of being able to react to the other factions. It led to some very strategic play.

If you like the game in it's larger form, 2-player is worth a go if you only have two for a game. It is excellent for learning the game and system, and it is also a very enjoyable time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Vickery
Australia
Canberra
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I played a 2 player game of Revolution over Easter with my brother and we both enjoyed it.

It was interesting to play and somewhat quicker. Knowing you had total control over two factions let you plan your moves/divide areas of responsibility with greater certainty. Some coordination issues were still tricky, for example I was playing the Reformers and Burghers and although the Reformers were dominant in Flanders I never managed to organise it so that the Burghers could get Dunkerque for that extra VP.

I lost by a large margin but feel confident this was due to the player(s) involved rather than any inherent balance issues!

Eddy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.