Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thought it might be useful to to sum up how I understand the different ways fire works when playing with Brimestone as a General or an Agent of the Dark Lord and make sure I'm not missing anything

When playing Brimstone as a General:

1) He flames the location he travels to and does 2 damage to any
heros on that location.

2) Takes an additional action for heros to travel to a fire location regardless of the method.

3) To put out the fire, you must discard a card matching that location
and roll a 4+.

4) If 3 minions of any type are on a fire location, it is immediately tainted.

5) If 3 fire elementals are on a location, it is immediately set on fire and tainted.

When playing Brimestone as an Agent:

1) Flames the location he travels to and does 2 damage to any heroes on that location.

2) Heroes entering fire locations do not need to spend an extra action.

3) To put out a fire you need just need to discard a card matching that location, no roll required.

4) If 3 minions of any type or if 2 demons are on a fire location, it is immediately tainted.

A couple of notes: On this thread:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/610212/monarch-city-taints-and-fires-possible

Richard Lanius commented that Inns and Monarch City are considered purple locations. If Monarch City is on fire, you would have to discard a purple location first before rolling to douse the flame.

Note: Per the standard rules, Inns can never be set on fire, unless playing with the 5th Scenario in the Dragon Expansion: The Burning Land. In this scenario (see page 14) you start out with Monarch City and all Inns on Fire! To douse these flames, you need to travel to each location and discard a purple card. I'm assuming that you would still have to roll a 4+ but it could be that discarding the purple card is enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobm174 wrote:
Thought it might be useful to to sum up how I understand the different ways fire works when playing with Brimestone as a General or an Agent of the Dark Lord and make sure I'm not missing anything

When playing Brimstone as a General:

1) He flames the location he travels to and fire does 2 1 damage wound to any
heros ending their turn on that location.

2) Takes an additional action for heros to travel to a fire location regardless of the method.

3) To put out the fire, you must discard a card matching that location
and roll a 4+.

4) If 3 minions of any type are on a fire location, it is immediately tainted.

5) If 3 fire elementals are on a location, it is immediately set on fire and tainted.

When playing Brimestone as an Agent:

1) Flames the location he travels to and does 2 damage wounds to any heroes on that location.

2) Heroes entering fire locations do not need to spend an extra action.

3) To put out a fire you need just need to discard a card matching that location, no roll required.

4) If 3 minions of any type or if 2 demons are on a fire location, it is immediately tainted.

A couple of notes: On this thread:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/610212/monarch-city-taints-and-fires-possible

Richard Lanius commented that Inns and Monarch City are considered purple locations. If Monarch City is on fire, you would have to discard a purple location first before rolling to douse the flame.

Note: Per the standard rules, Inns can never be set on fire, unless playing with the 5th Scenario in the Dragon Expansion: The Burning Land. In this scenario (see page 14) you start out with Monarch City and all Inns on Fire! To douse these flames, you need to travel to each location and discard a purple card. I'm assuming that you would still have to roll a 4+ but it could be that discarding the purple card is enough. (Source: BGG Forums Rules Questions about a couple of the Agents of the Dark Lord )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your reply. Editing over the areas where I was mistaken was helpful.

What I realize is that it's best to consider the fire rules with the Dragon and Dragon Agent as completely separate, standing on their own and when reading the card describing the Dragon Agent, don't add the rules about fire in the rulebook because those are only the rules about fire as it pertains to Brimstone as a Dragon.

Another post had one user state that Richard somewhere said that fires always cause one wound if players are ending their turn in a fire location and if that is the case hopefully Richard will chime in as I'm going to assume that they do not when playing with Brimstone as an agent.

When reading the rules for the 5th scenario I understand and for now accept at face value that you only need to discard a purple card and don't need to roll the dice if putting out a fire in Monarch City or an Inn and that heroes don't take wounds if ending their turn in Monarch City or an Inn if on Fire but that is a bit confusing as one might assume that fires work the same in that scenario whether you are dealing with fires at Inns and Monarch City or an outdoor location after the Brimstone Dragon appears.

Another area of I'm a not clear about is the scenario where the Dragon Brimstone can enter as a 5th Dragon. Do Demons taint the land when only 2 are present in this scenario? Or is that only when Brimstone is used as a Dragon Agent?

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.