Subject: How to search for comments that I had made rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Taylor
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
The situation is that I had posted a BIN bid to an auction, but can't remember which one it was. I'm have a real hard time tracking it down. While I can easily find my forum posts, I can't seem to do the same for any of my auction results.

Help anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/rss/user/mat9h

You can also replace your username at the end of the URL with anyone else's username to see what they've posted. It's an RSS feed, so if it doesn't look like it contains the latest posts, sometimes you have to refresh the page a couple of times to prompt it to update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also check out the "contributions" tab in your profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Taylor
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
cbs42 wrote:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/rss/user/mat9h

You can also replace your username at the end of the URL with anyone else's username to see what they've posted. It's an RSS feed, so if it doesn't look like it contains the latest posts, sometimes you have to refresh the page a couple of times to prompt it to update.

Worked perfectly. The same game came through another auction with very similar parameters. Thought perhaps the bid didn't go through. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Except that some forum posts never show up in the contributions. For whatever reason, I can post to subdomains and pinned news articles and they often are not in my "Site Forum" responses anywhere on the contributions page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
Except that some forum posts never show up in the contributions. For whatever reason, I can post to subdomains and pinned news articles and they often are not in my "Site Forum" responses anywhere on the contributions page.

At the bottom of the top section of Contributions, "Threads and Replies", are the listings for "Board Game Subdomain"; below that is the "Site Forums" section. I suspect your missing responses are in one of those sections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Randy Cox wrote:

At the bottom of the top section of Contributions, "Threads and Replies", are the listings for "Board Game Subdomain"; below that is the "Site Forums" section. I suspect your missing responses are in one of those sections.
My subdomain forum posts are usually there (though you'd think they ought to be in the "site forum replies") however, when I reply to something in the BGG News, I never see it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'd call that a bug then. A Google search might get you there. I suggest googling:
"BGG News" "Randy Cox" site:boardgamegeek.com/thread/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
when I reply to something in the BGG News, I never see it anywhere.

Are you sure? I just checked mine, and anything I reply to in BGG News shows up in my site forums replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Randy Cox wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

I think this is a bug (not sure if has been reported yet). Threads and replies to the geekdo news forum do not show in your profile contributions, although they do show in your RSS feed.

Additionally, the geekdo news forum is not browsable via the Forums menu. You can pretty much only get to it if you already have it bookmarked, or have a subscription to it or something in it. This is even the case if you are on www.geekdo.com rather than www.boardgamegeek.com

This can sometimes make finding old news threads tricky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.