Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Steenberge
United States
Painted Post
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are any gamers in and around Rochester, NY please feel free to contact me. I am always looking for people to game with and am more than willing to introduce people to the hobby and bring some of my games to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that there's a board game club that meets once a week at RIT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus a group that gets together at Boldo's once a week.
Plus a monthly group at Millenium Games
Plus several people from Redscape.com
(Diplomacy/AdvCiv/Republic of Rome PBeM webiste)

Plus me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to keep those in mind. Anyone have the schedules and some basic info (avg. no. of attendees, heavy/light/mini's, cost, etc.)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Steenberge
United States
Painted Post
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boldo's group can vary a great deal. Wednesday night 6-10ish and Saturday 12-whenever are normally reserved for board games. I try to attend these sessions but unforunately can't make all of them. Wednesday have been light recently but normally have about 5 people. Saturdays can be much busier with 5 to 12 people or more. The game selection really depends on who is there. Boldo's has a good size collection of open games in the store which are available to play and some people, myself included, normally bring some of our own. I tend to lean towards the heavier german games but if you want to play something, you can probably find someone to play it with you.

I realize there are many groups available in Rochester to game with. I started this forum topic for the different groups to post in so that people who came to BGG and were looking for someone to play with would be able to easily discover some of the options available. Plus, as much as I enjoy the groups I game with, I also like finding new groups so play with as every group is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Livingston county and I'm mainly interested in playing some specific games.
Number one would be the Vampire collectible card game. I have tons of cards and could outfit an entire group of players.
Other games I'm interested in would be Cosmic Encounter, Illuminati, Roborally (I had this, but I'm not sure if I still do or not) or Settlers of Cataan.
I'm also open to newer games I may be unfamiliar with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
I'm new to both Rochester and BGG. Thanks for the thread! I've been trying to get my wife's friends to play some games, but they seem to prefer the lighter end of things. I enjoy that, but like some meatier games, as well. I'm also interested in Magic, if there are folks of that persuasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.