Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Preston-Marshall
New Zealand
Twizel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested to know about any German games groups in Christchurch (New Zealand), as I'd welcome the opportunity to play slightly more often than I do. I came across the Garden City Gamers a while ago, and am on their mailing list (http://lists.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/gcgames), but haven't seen anything about actually meeting to play games.

Actually, my wife and I have a modest collection of games, and have been organising monthly (ish) games evenings for friends, so if there's anyone out there who's dying for the chance to play, do send me a message via BGG. Just to give you an idea, the average age of our friends is probably not much less than 40, and most have young families (though we do our best to stop people bringing any children below their mid-teens to our games evenings). I wouldn't classify many of them as real "gamers". It's all very casual, with numbers varying from 6 to 25 - we usually send out an invitation a week or two beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Scanlon
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Thanks for posting information about german style games in Christchurch!

My wife and I are moving to Chch from the US at the very end of 2005 and we will be looking for other gamers.

I'll send you a note once we arrive...

Cheers,

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Fraser
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
We're moving to Timaru (just down the road) this month which we're looking forward too, interested in catching up with anyone who enjoys these types of games

We also run www.thegames.co.nz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rodieck
New Zealand
Christchurch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
We have several people in my store every Thursday night from 6:00pm. I have SOC and Carcassonne right now and as soon as my personal accumulation arrives I will have around 20 games. Several customers have personal copies of other games as well. Feel free to come by and play. Bring whatever you want to play (remember this is a family store). We are located at

The Dragon's Lair
1st Floor
160 Manchester
Christchurch 8001
Phone 03 962 8037

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa Stanger
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple

I would be so keen to play board games with some people in Christchurch, and I know some of my friends would too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Scanlon
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Hi, Bruce here again.

My wife and I are now in Chch, my friend Ken soon will be, and we would like to game. Until I am able to change my profile on BGG, the best way to contact me will be via regular email. My address is bruce.scanlon A=T=SIGN gmail.com

Looking forward to meeting all you Chch gamers!

Bruce :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.