Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Helvard
Denmark
Aarhus C
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first game a few days ago, I finished last (don't you just love it when you introduce a new game to your gaming group, and you finish last :-) ) with about 450 ducats. The winner got almost 800...Is this a typical amout needed to win, how much money does the first place usually scrape together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Faulkner

Bangor
County Down
msg tools
Re:How much money
It depends on how many players, and how often the turn marker gets advanced, among other things. If you check out some of the session reports you'll get more of an idea how varied the final amounts can be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Serpentine (#469740),

It also depends on how aggressively your players play and how well they keep track of how much money each other has (we play with open countable money using poker chips).

That said, you can get an idea of the toal cash that can be in the game at the end:

(#_players * start_cash) + (#_rounds * average_bank_distribution) + max_value_privilege_card_value

Of course you're not agoing to get Large Orders delivered every round, you are going to have some rounds with no deliveries of any sort, there are likely to be a few rounds where two large orders get delivered, every so often someone will cash in several messages on a single turn, etc. Figure an average... That will give the max cash in the game. How it gets divided from there among the individual players is up to your players. I've played 5-player games wthere the gap between first and last was less than $100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No one directly answered your question. I realize that the only correct answer is "it depends", but I'll answer anyway.

Yes, it is a reasonable amount for a winning score, somewhere between that and a little over 900.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone share their experience whether the money is sufficient?

The game comes with 20x$50 and 20x$100 which comes to about $3,000 ducats (ignoring the smaller denom). Supposing a 5-player game averages $600 per player, that would take up the $3,000. I heard some games (in Session Report) goes as high as $800+ for the winning player?!

What's your total winning ducats (adding up all players)? More or less than $3,000?

In my recent game, we'd the winner with $780, 2nd with $690, then $660, $615 and the last was $580.

In the last round, when everyone was busy cashing in their orders and messages, I notice the game is running out of $100 ducats and very low on $50.

I am just wondering whether we need more $100 ducats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you print out a sheet of twelve, 20 ducat notes available under files for ToG.

If you do, you might use a tinted paper that contrasts with the four denominations that come with the game.

The additional 240 ducats should alleviate the problem of inadequate money supply.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.