Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
82 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: No-Risk Trade discussion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.popebrain.com
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
PMing everyone in the list is a total hassle, so please subscribe to this post if you are involved in the No-Risk trade.

Feel free to ask questions or discuss the list here as well.

Here's a link to the list:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
I am subscribed! Thanks Brian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Clark
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a new BGG feature for me, so not sure if I'm using the blog correctly. I'll take a bit back seat observation to see if I've got it right. Am a bit concerned that the "OR" offerings could cause some problems, so maybe there should be restriction that "OR" offerings are not permitted. I have my willing to accept list ready to go. Should I post it here or send to you directly?

I understood you to say you would like us to rank the WILLING TO ACCEPT list, is that right? I can see how this would speed up the process, but being allowed to select amongst your wanted titles is pretty cool. I suppose I could rank if that is preferred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've subscribed and bookmarked this blog, though I must confess I don't know how either will manifest itself on the web site. I'm new to all these functions.

What's next?

Thanks, Brian, for conceiving and organizing this. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This is a new BGG feature for me, so not sure if I'm using the blog correctly. I'll take a bit back seat observation to see if I've got it right.

To subscribe to the block, click the "Star" icon on the upper left corner of the initial message posting.

Quote:
Am a bit concerned that the "OR" offerings could cause some problems, so maybe there should be restriction that "OR" offerings are not permitted.

The OR offerings should not be a problem. When they offer an OR, it is implicit that the person who chooses their entry gets to decide which OR options they will take. Many of us have used these trade lists before, so I think it is understood, but if anyone does not agree post here.

Quote:
I have my willing to accept list ready to go. Should I post it here or send to you directly?

Send it to me via PM. At this time, I see no reason not to make the choices public, but since I don't know what affect it may have on those who have not yet decided, let's keep our choices private for now.

Quote:
I understood you to say you would like us to rank the WILLING TO ACCEPT list, is that right? I can see how this would speed up the process, but being allowed to select amongst your wanted titles is pretty cool. I suppose I could rank if that is preferred.

I made the ranking of the WILLING TO ACCEPT lists optional and I will stand by it. That being said, one person who will be away for the weekend has already submitted their list, and ranked it so as not to hold things up. If you will similarly be unavailable for regular checking in, I would prefer that you rank your list. However, ranking your list remains optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I must confess I don't know how either will manifest itself on the web site. I'm new to all these functions.

What's next?

If you are subscribed, you will get a PM every time this blog gets a new post. I will post something here every time there is a significant development with the trade.

It just keeps me from having to PM everyone individually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PopeBrain wrote:
If you are subscribed, you will get a PM every time this blog gets a new post. I will post something here every time there is a significant development with the trade.

It just keeps me from having to PM everyone individually.

Cool. I'll get you a list in the next few hours.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Armstead
United States
New Brighton
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sucribed and Bookmarked.

As a side note, after all the trading is done, I would entertain trade offers with individual people for my remaining offer. Meaning that after this trade list is resolved; I will have EITHER Lord of the Rings or Risk 2210AD left. If someone wanted Risk (assuming LOTR was chosen in the list trade), but was unable to get it, I would be up for trading it directly. Hope that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Allen
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I subscribed and I made up my "Willing To Accept" list. I'm going to email that to Brian right now n just await further info for what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Collinsworth
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Subscribed.

I am composing a list. I'm not too picky about what game I wind up with, but it seems like listing in preference will be easiest, so I shall. I will get this list to you shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Making a list/
Checking it twice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
My ranked list is in! Let the fun begin!goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have an interesting question that maybe hasn't been answered, and which i'm too lazy to read over all the posts about...

if you submit your non-ranked Willing to Trade list, and it becomes your turn, are you allowed to choose a game NOT on your list...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

I would object because the number of votes your game gets on the "willing to accept" list determines the order of pick. If you don't vote for it up front, and then take it, you deprived the owner of that game of a legitimate vote.

That would be gaming the system - and none of us ever do that.

Foob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions have come up along those lines. Let me clarify.

When your turn comes, I will NOT allow you to choose a game not on your WILLING TO ACCEPT list.

Also, when your turn comes, if game(s) on your WILLING TO ACCEPT list are still available, I will EXPECT you to choose one of them. Of course, I cannot "Force" anyone to do anything, but it will screw up the list if you do not accept a game you have marked as WILLING TO ACCEPT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew lavish
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you submit an unranked list and it becomes your turn, how long do you have to select a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you submit an unranked list and it becomes your turn, how long do you have to select a game?

At this time, I have not specified a requirement. I hope it will not be a problem, but I can see that if this list works, I will require ranked lists in the future.

At the risk of dragging this thing out too long, I am inclined to say that you have 48 hours to choose, and then I will select one for you, but please please please don't take that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I was able to check in on the list a couple of times, but didn't have time to comment. It filled up fast! I think this format is a real winner!

When I saw the values of the games being posted, I knew I needed to up my ante. Unfortunately, I guess it's too late now that people have sent in their lists. I don't expect to make the cut, especially with aronbc's offer, but I will go ahead and submit my list (probably not until later tonight, though).

(EDIT: Oops, I thought aronbc said AND, not OR...please ignore me)

I look forward to the next list like this so I can have a better chance of getting in on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Clark
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fanaka66 wrote:

I don't expect to make the cut, especially with aronbc's offer, but I will go ahead and submit my list (probably not until later tonight, though).

Sorry about that Fanaka66 . . . I think if someone chooses Ambush it ought to be related to your offer as you posted first. Maybe what it means is that there are two copies of Ambush on the table, and the first selected will be yours.

I think I'm missing something here and not connecting the dots. If one of the early selectors chooses my title and then it comes around to my choice and none of my wants are still available, what happens?

No Risk Trade Rules wrote:

Any traders whose WILLING TO ACCEPT entries are no longer available are automatically withdrawn. This is an iterative process.

Sorry missed that bit. I think I'm following the process better now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew lavish
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
game #10 - LotR
My list is being held up by the question about the LotR/Formula De entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Digman
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
Signed up and list submitted....let's get it on! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
droolster wrote:
My list is being held up by the question about the LotR/Formula De entry.

it's Heroscape not Lord of the Rings.

you could specify that you are willing to trade for Heroscape PLUS Formula De, but not OR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schlichting
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Have you seen me?
mbmbmbmbmb
A question was asked about not having a game left to choose, but has been deleted (I think), so I assume whoever it was "gets it" now, but just in case:

Ahhh! here's the quote
Quote:
I think I'm missing something here and not connecting the dots. If one of the early selectors chooses my title and then it comes around to my choice and none of my wants are still available, what happens?

This is impossible, due to the "iterative automatic withdrawals, described in the main description of the list." You would have been knocked out before someone had a chance to choose your game.

In regard to HeroScape/Formula De

I have specified that if Lightstorm does not specify the AND or OR condition by 6pm central time, it will automatically be considered an OR condition. So wait to submit your list for another 1.5 hours and you can be assured of what you are deciding.

yegods suggestion will work too, I don't mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ChToHe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanna thank all of you folks who rooted for my inclusion of Power Grid...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Digman
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
Y'know, I would have cheered if I hadn't just bought PG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.