Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, how do these big guys rate? I think they are both pretty keen. But what do you get for your $10 (each)?

AT-RT

70 Point Unit with a Recuit power (Put a Trooper into play from back ups when eliminated). Move of 4 and 4 launcher attacks!

This unit is a monster. Tough to hit its taget points.

Boga

60 point unit with recruit power (put Obi-Wan into play from back ups when elimnated. Move of 8 with a powerful sweep attack. The sweep attack does require you to face away from the unit you are attacking.

The target points on this unit are on its flanks, requireing two units to take it out quickly.

How do they compare. It depends. Boga seems like the one melee unit that might be useful as a screen, since it has to be attacked from its side. It has a good power (Obi-Wan is a 30 point melee unit with sacrifice or a 40 point launcher with sacrifce) which keeps obi-wan in play. The melee attack is awkward, but powerful, usually knocking down whatever it hits. It does sometimes push its target rather than knock it down, though.

The AT-RT costs more and is slower, but four launcher shots can be devestating. Also, it's target areas have the tendency to 'bounce back' and reset themselves if hit too hard.

Overall, these two units are fun and worth the money. I would lean more toward the AT-RT if I had to pick one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell Hicken
United States
La Verne
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is a popup.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:BattleMasters: AT-RT and Boga
OusterX (#469963),

I'd choose the AT-RT over Boga too, just because the coolness of the four-shot rotary cannon. When we played, I was trying to take out Boga with the AT-RT by brute force (knocking over the whole fig), but the four guns weren't powerful enough. I ended up shooting him in the thighs with some regular troopers to score the takedown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
whicken (#470246),

Yep. We played a 100 point level 2 battle last night where we switched armies after the first round. Both battles centered around the fight to bring down the AT-RT. It is a PITA to get on the ground! Nothing brought it down in the first game, and it took Boga and Jedi Anakin in the second game two attacks each to fell it.

Boga is a good screener. My guys hid behind it as they approached the AT-RT, and they moved up to beat off any units that tried to flank it.

I agree the four cannons are COOOL, but the don't always get the job done, esp. at a range of over 1 foot. I hit Mace 8 times in a game, only pushing him back, which ended up being just as effective since it kept him out of range of the AT-RT's knees while my other units picked off the Boga.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Manzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
OusterX (#470338),

I think I'm going to pick up the Boga after what you said. I like the whole idea of using it as a screen to take down the AT-RT. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.