Popular Tags: [View All]
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently stumbled upon this (as far as I know) unreleased game by Vincent Baker:

http://www.lumpley.com/storming/

Searches for "storming tower" and "fighting monsters" (the name of the first book of the game) don't turn up any hits on RPGG.

So my questions are:
- Does anyone have any news about the status of this game? (I hope the designer hasn't abandoned it, it sounds a game I might like to try...)
- Should the game be added to the database? There is a PDF of the (non-final version of the) rules available for download, but is that enough? Especially if it is unclear whether game will eventually be finished?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any news about "Storming the Wizard's Tower"?
So, to answer my own questions: In a recent episode of "The Walking Eye" there is an interview with Vincent Baker. It is mostly about Apocalypse World but towards the end he also talks about some other projects. Regarding "Storming the Wizard's Tower" he said (if I understood everything correctly) that it has some mechanical problems and that he is still trying to figure out what to keep and what to change.

So, I guess we'll have to wait and see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Batten
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is incomplete according to the rulebook.

It's phase one of a three phase game, the rules as presented are only for the introductory phase.

There are, however, guidelines for properly adding a game that's in development in the Guide to Data Entry#prototypes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Harnish
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
You should be playing Dungeon World
mbmbmbmbmb
davidmihola wrote:
So, to answer my own questions: In a recent episode of "The Walking Eye" there is an interview with Vincent Baker. It is mostly about Apocalypse World but towards the end he also talks about some other projects. Regarding "Storming the Wizard's Tower" he said (if I understood everything correctly) that it has some mechanical problems and that he is still trying to figure out what to keep and what to change.

So, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Having just listened to that episode also, I can confirm your interpretation - he mentions it has design issues he's still trying to resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.