United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ on the publisher's page:

Quote:
Q. Blockade deck - Do you reshuffle deck, less captured city cards, each turn, or is there a discard pile?

A. You reshuffle, the captured city cards becomes the discard pile.

...which didn't address the question of when you reshuffle the deck. How have people been playing this? It seems to me that you should reshuffle every turn, or else there's no way to get blockade values very high. (I should note I haven't played yet; this is all theoretical.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it does answer the questions:

Quote:
Do you resuffle deck,..., each turn...? You reshuffle...

Quote:
...or is there a discard pile? ...the captured city cards become the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still stupid. So you reshuffle every turn, including the discard pile?

Actually never mind. This is much clearer to everyone else, I'll muddle through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Once a city is captured, it has no further use in the game unless you are using the variant with the three Confederate armies. So, the discard pile, is really the remove from game pile.

Plz note, this is how I understand it, based on only one play (although I am bringing it to Atlanta Game Fest 17 this weekend cool ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, the FAQ reflects questions the group playing the game with me wanted answered. It is a pretty short set of rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Stevens
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
The deck is reshuffled each turn. However, ports that were captured are removed from the deck and are not shuffled back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smashblade wrote:
The deck is reshuffled each turn. However, ports that were captured are removed from the deck and are not shuffled back in.

Got it--it all made more sense when play actually started. Enjoyable first game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
HEY!! Who's the archvillain here?
badge
Power equals power!
mbmbmbmbmb
The deck is reshuffled eah turn?

So let me get this straight. Example:
2 cards out of the deck (ports closed) (discard pile)
4 cards left in the deck.
Rest of the cards has been used to to increase Union blockade level. (Used cards)
Start new turn, 12-4 = 8 cards must be drawn (in this example)

Now, do you
A) take the 4 cards first, then reshuffle the Used cards (from the previous turns) and pick another 4?
(this would mean all ports would become blocked) or
B) first you take the 4 cards in the deck and the Used cards and shuffle them in a new deck, and then pick 8 cards?
(this would mean, with luck, some ports can stay unblockaded for a number of turns)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ports that are assaulted, and closed (just because a port is assaulted does not mean it will be automatically closed) should have their blockade card removed out of the game. Any cards that were drawn for blockades will be shuffle together with the remaining blockade cards at the start of the next turn.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.