Subject: High Praise for Fair Play Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
I buy a lot of things on internet, games being obviously at the top of the list.
Fair Play Games is by far the best internet retailer I had to deal with, even among other games retailers.

Last Sunday I did an order that included WoW-Watch your back, that was showing as Pre-order, and I received a nice email a few hours later telling me that they had it now, and that my order will be ready to go on Monday morning. I received my games on Wednesday (I am on the west coast). Not only they often offer the best deal, but they even beat some retailers on the west coast (not to mention the east) in terms of timing.

And their customer service rocks: last year I received a game which box was slightly teared on one side, and I just mentionned it as a feedback (it was ok as it wasn't concerning the inside of the box), and a few days later I received an extra copy of the game in my mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| Scott Kinzie |
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had similar very postitive experiences with Fair Play. It's a pleasure doing business with them. I have emailed them asking several questions about particular aspects of the games they offer and they always email back within 24 hours.

TimeWellSpent.org is probably the best for price and service (and since they are here in the Denver area, I don't have to pay for shipping). They are my #1 game store and the service is top notch.

FairPlay.com is #2 when I need a bit more selection.

Funagain.com is #3 when I need the greatest level of selection, such as the import Diamant which no one else seems to carry (it's in the mail as I write this -- can't wait to rip open that shrink-wrap).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boos
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also enjoyed Bouldergames - they seem to have the most commentary analysis on a game on their site that can help determine whether a game is roght for me. they aren't afraid of having negative comments either... I also have bought alot from newspiel.com as well. I still try and buy a game or two from my local shop though, so it will be there when I want it ot be there.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mulan Wong
Taiwan
Zhonghe District
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
The mushroom of course.
badge
One side of what?
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the price for Fair Play games to be very reasonable for their games. But their international shipping charge is outrageous. I never ordered from them for this exact reason. I live in Taiwan and the S&H cost for the quantity of games ($100-$200) that I buy from TimeWellSpent is usually only half or one third of what I'd have to pay to Fair Play (both airmail). But I do give Fair Play the credit for showing their shipping cost as you add to your shopping cart. If they would only charge a reasonable rate for S&H, I would be more than glad to buy from them. Funagain only ship internationally via FedEx Priority- way too expensive. I have yet to try Bouldergames, they seem to have nice S&H and good prices too.

Mulan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Russo
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought from boulder, oltremare $28, guilford $31, and dungeoneer $7, was shipped less than 12 hours from order, seemed smooth to me games due to arrive tues april 12th by ups.

Mulan wrote:
I have yet to try Bouldergames, they seem to have nice S&H and good prices too.

Mulan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.