Subject: Entgiftungs vs. Nebelwefer Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BilL Ebling
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
Counter sheet 4 provides updated counters for Kiev to Rostov and now include Soviet Rocket units marked to comply with rule 23.51. Soviet Artillery units bearing the rocket unit type box may only use their support strength when attacking and have an 'A' following their support strengths.

I was wondering how to apply rule 23.52 into the Crimea and retrofit rule 23.52 into Kiev to Rostov which has three Axis Rocket Regiments (Lehr, 53rd and 54th). The Lehr, 1st and the 54th rocket regiments come with the Crimea Counters.

In rule 23.52 the "Entgiftungs" use their support strength only while attacking while "Nebelwefer" units use their support strength on both attack and defense. Are these Axis rocket units Entgitungs or Nebelwerfers?

There is a lot of stuff on the web concerning Nebelwerfer units as Artillery. Wiki indicates that Lehr, and the 54th were designated Nebelwerfer units. I am assuming that all Axis Rocket units in the Crimea and Kiev to Rostov are Nebelwerfer units..Is that correct? Their support strengths do not have an "A" suffix. I am assuming that Entgiftungs are used in other games in the series.

I could not find anything concerning "Entgiftungs" as artillery units....What I found was related to "decontamination units". To me the word "decontamination" implies some kind of chemical warfare counter-measure. Was "decontmination" just a ruse for these offensive units? What rocket systems and munitions did they actually use? (Chemical warheads??) What role did Entgiftungs actually play? Does anybody have a good link?

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaell Cobra
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a damn good question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an Entgiftungs unit in AGN (listed as chemical decontamination) with the values 0-1-4 (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/367317/barbarossa-army-gr... top right side, next to the Axis air)

The same unit also pops up in AGC.

All others are nebelwefers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.