Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, how do you take this thing out? Any suggestions on what type of unit works best for taking down the AT-RT? I even took a few figures and whacked and shot at the AT-RT for about 10 minutes -- it never fell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:AT-RT -- I've yet to knock it over!
PhilReed (#470369),

1st, we used some house rules. If a target point was knocked back, but then became 'reset', we pushed it back to the 'hit' position. 2nd, I used Jedi Anakin and Boga to take him out. I think the force blob are pretty decent at knocking it back. Mace and Obi-Wan, even Darth Vader w/armor couldn't effectively hit the knees. Missle shots at extream close range work somewhat.

AT-RT is really hard to take out. Boga is difficult, but not that hard really, it just takes good tactics.. I'm thinking about either banning AT-RT from play, or upping it's point value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. I was playtesting an Attacktix scenario for Scrye and was starting to think my scenario was unbalanced. After a few more tests -- with and without the AT-RT -- I decided that the AT-RT was the problem and not the scenario.

I'll try knocking it over with some other figures.

I don't have a Boga so I've no idea how it works. Is it a striker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:AT-RT -- I\'ve yet to knock it over!
PhilReed wrote:

Yes, a BattleMaster striker. Much more balance than the AT-RT, since you can actually knock it over in about two hits. However, the targets are on the flanks, so it is pretty much impossible to take it down from the front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OusterX wrote:
PhilReed wrote:

Yes, a BattleMaster striker. Much more balance than the AT-RT, since you can actually knock it over in about two hits. However, the targets are on the flanks, so it is pretty much impossible to take it down from the front.

Thanks for the info. I may have to grab one.

I wish they had some speeder bikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spooky Volkert
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
PhilReed (#470369),
I once was showing someone how the figure worked and I took a swipe at it with Obi-Wan across its "knees", and somehow managed to hit both of them at once, making both of them release at the same time. I've tried it a whole bunch more, but have only ever been able to get one "knee" to release at a time. But it's possible to take this thing out with a single hit with a lightsaber.

...assuming that both the AT-RT and the Boga count as "fallen" when you hit both their weak spots and cause the figure to shift position...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wagaman
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My son took it out (once), with Plo Koon's force blast to the knees. One shot.

Since then, we've tried various missile and close combat attacks. None have been consistantly successful.

Missle shots from regular, long range fighters (i.e. clone troopers) have yet to trip the knees on a regular basis.

A side blast from General Grevious took it out (ignoring the knees). So did a side-smack from Mace Windu.

I guess there is more than one way to take it down.

FRED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fcw3 (#471342),

Good point, the rules do say if a figure's base isn't touching the table, it is out. I guess you can just plain knock the think right over. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruton
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I used to fund my games purchases by juggling!
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed (#470369),
My four year old took it out with one force balst from Palpatine at about 18"! One knee is harder to put down than the other, and you can turn it sideways on which makes it nasty to get at. Have seen it stand up to loads and then at other time go straight over. Not the problem that others seem to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmer Sivertsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've knocked it out with Plo, with Plo aiming his force blast under the missile area of the AT-RT...bypassing the whole knees/targets thing.

Basically, an upward-diagonal force blast into the AT-RT belly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Manzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
starwarsattacktix.blogspot.com

I found some neat tricks to take it out...

WOOKIEE DEVASTATION. Load up with Wookiees, you want Tarfful to make it face-to-face with the Recon Transport. You also want Chewbacca if Tarfful falls. Tarfful needs to approach the AT-RT at the front of the AT-RT's left leg. Pull Tarfull up along AT-RT's left leg and aim his mighty hooked paw for the inside lip of the Target Spot. A good swing can catch Tarfful's claws on the lips of the Target and bring him spinning down. I can get this to work about 1/3rd of the time. So it's great to keep in mind if it's one-on-one!

Chewbacca needs to get behind the AT-RT and attack the inverted right knee of the AT-RT. Bring his huge hand to strike the inner circle of his right knee and he too can bring him down with one swipe. Tarfful can also be successful with the left knee. Chewie is not a 1 in 3 chance, but if he is all you have left, you can get lucky.

JEDI and WOOKIEE COMBO. This worked well with Tarfful and Plo Koon, but I am guessing it will work with any Force Blast figure. Move Plo Koon directly in front of the AT-RT. Put the Force Blast in his hands with the tip side up. Now raise the arm higher so that the flat-sided bottom is touching BOTH Target Spots. The two tips should just be touching both Target Spots and make sure it is on the TOP of the targets. Make sure Plo Koon's Blast is literally TOUCHING both targets and leave him there.

Now move Tarfful in behind Plo Koon and whack your ally in the back. Chances are very high you will kick your own character, however, I am able to bring down the AT-RT about 80% of the time. It takes a bit of practice to make sure the Blast is lined up right, and that Tarfful hits him square in the back. It works, and it's an awesome way to bring him down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed (#470369),

I made a mod to my AT-RT to make him more fun to play against. (I won four in a row and felt bad.) I see two problems in mine that sound common. Hitting a strike plate really hard will make it bounce back on. And hitting it really hard can cause the other one to bounce back on as well.

So I took a rubber band and hooked it behind both knees and under the base. The backwards pressure is enough to keep the targets from ever bouncing back closed. So yes, you can make a house rule that he counts as dead when both plates are hit, but it is much more satisfying to see this guy topple over from a pair of real hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Manzo
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Dorque (#474095),

Cool, I am gonna try this rubber band deal. If it works can I add it to my site?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave dad
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
One thing to note

You reload your weapons just before your next go.

So if he fires all 4 bullets, it will have a larger opening under his head.

So you can aim a littler higher and hit the better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.