Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Thomas
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone stole my wallet out of my parked car last night. Sitting on the front passenger seat was a copy of Power Grid. The thief took my wallet and two dollars cash but left Power Grid untouched. Lucky me! I can't believe the burglar didn't even bother to open the box and look at the bits. He would have escaped with a large stack of elektro too.

Now I just have to make sure my identity doesn't get stolen. If you see anyone here on the Geek using my name who says they're always up for a good game of Fluxx, you'll know it's an imposter!

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you know not to leave valuables in your car! Tut Tut. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thomas
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do now! In fact, I will make sure not to leave my games in the car, even though it's nice to glance over at them while waiting at a light.

I forgot to mention that when I called to replace my credit card, I noticed that I had been charged a $35 over limit fee, which I got them to waive. My wife pays the bills, so I don't usually see the statements. I figure with the two dollars stolen, I ended up with a profit of $33!

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone Fishing
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Was your car locked?

If not I'm guessing you've never been to Cleveland. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thomas
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was unlocked. I thought a thief would think nobody would be dumb enough to leave anything valuable in an unlocked car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew a guy who left a nearly perfect condition copy of Fluxx in plain view on the passenger seat when he stopped into the bar for a couple drinks before heading home.

Halfway through his second beer, he panicked, suddenly nervous at the thought that he had left his car unlocked. He dashed out to the parking lot.

Exactly as he had feared, when he looked into his unlocked car - sure enough, there on the passenger seat - someone had left another copy of Fluxx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone Fishing
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've always pictured thieves taking the path of least resistance. Thieves don't think about much other than not getting caught. Obviously the thief in this case wasn't too smart since he left powergrid... but then again, thieves are looking for obvious cues and a path of least resistance to reduce their likelihood of getting caught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thomas
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, that is a terrifying story, and a classic as well. I'm afraid I will have nightmares tonight!

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone Fishing
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Good story Ben. That is one frightening campfire tale that will be passed down through the generations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wagner
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Remember Full Metal Jacket? Its people like you that cause crime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had someone break into my car to steal Magic:TG cards once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Londini
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About 10 months ago, someone smashed the rear window of my car in a Wendy's parking lot and stole my wife's Bible. Of course, it was probably the black case surrounding it that caught their attention. I bet they were tremendously disappointed when they got it open !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
and stole my wife's Bible. Of course, it was probably the black case surrounding it that caught their attention. I bet they were tremendously disappointed when they got it open !!

It's also possible that they felt such an urgent need for salvation that no sin was too great a sacrifice in order to be redeemed.

Or maybe they thought it contained a copy of Fluxx and they wanted to leave it in Ben's car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluxx is the new monopoly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Londini
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="DWTripp"]
Quote:
It's also possible that they felt such an urgent need for salvation that no sin was too great a sacrifice in order to be redeemed.

That would be a start, too bad they didn't contact us at our address or church listed on material in the Bible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria,

I won't presume to speak for anyone but myself.

If forced, I would rather play Monopoly than ever play Fluxx again.

(And I would rather try to give a cat a bath than do either.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you apparently don't live near me. I ordered a copy of
Carcassonne, Traders and Builders, and Inns and Cathedrals
from the Geek Marketplace (from rochs77...good seller, go buy
something from him... ) a little while ago. Track and confirm
(and a call to the post office confirmed) that it was delivered
to my house at noon. When I got home a half an hour later, the
package had already been stolen off my front porch...in broad
daylight. The audacity of it *still* makes me shake my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When I got home a half an hour later, the
package had already been stolen off my front porch...in broad
daylight. The audacity of it *still* makes me shake my head.

Live in an isolated island community three floors up with no access to any remotely busy road in a place that is unmapped by 'net mapping services 2 times out of three?

I admit this is a large part of the reason why I am where I am. There is very, very little crime where I am. Plus if there is a serious crime, access off the island can easily be blocked by the police.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.