Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I often find myself learning new 2+ player games by "playing" solitaire, just as (I'm sure) almost everybody else has done at one time. I often wonder if any given game has a solitaire variant, since so many seem to *almost* work. For example, Anno 1503: this "multiplayer" game seems in many ways like a double solitaire (I don't really think it is, but it does sometimes feel like it). It seems that, with the right solitaire variant, this game would shine as a solitaire experience. There are other games that come to mind... I've seen some for Carcassonne: Hunters & Gathers, Runebound, etc. and have often wondered if Age of Mythology: The Boardgame, Entdecker, Alhambra, LoTR: The Search, Sword & Skulls and others might lend themselves to quality solitaire variants.

So, I'm wondering if anybody is willing to share or open to designing solitaire variants for existing games? I've worked up a preliminary set for a game or two but I have to write them down in a readable format. I'll be happy to post when/if I finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you should mention Anno 1503 - I've noticed that there is a game on my Cingular phone called Anno 1503 (okay, one I could ORDER for my phone). I'm wondering if maybe it can be a solo game that they have adapted for the phone. Anyone else know about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Lopez
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More than likely that's an adaptation of the computer game that Anno 1503 is based on. I'm referring to the Anno 1503 boardgame:

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/8166

...I am only using this boardgame as an example, though, because it has solitaire-like elements in play and seems like a good candidate for a clever solitaire variant.

What I'm hoping to discuss in this thread are experiences and variant rules players may have developed/experienced with existing board/card games described here at BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.