Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://icv2.com/articles/news/19263.html

Quote:
Bandai plans to release a new expansion for its popular deck building game based on the Resident Evil series of computer games in April 2011. The new expansion, titled Alliance, can be used as a stand-alone game, or combined with the original game to create new play options.

Alliance includes 250 new cards that are fully compatible with the original game. This set can be played alone, using a new “partner mode” style of play. If players prefer, the new cards in Alliance can be combined with cards from the original set for even more zombie killing action.

The cards feature images and artwork from the long-running series of games from Capcom. New additional characters include Hunk, Carlos Oliveira, Steve Burnside, Josh Stone, and Billy Coen.

Resident Evil Deck Building Game: Alliance is expected to ship in late April and will have a suggested retail price of $29.99.

The Resident Evil Deck Building Game was released in November 201 to critical acclaim (see “Bandai Readies Resident Evil Promos”). A series of Resident Evil 15th Anniversary promo cards will be released throughout the year, timed with releases and shows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More cards is always good news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
WANT!

also 15 promo cards?

also want

I can't wait

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlmostMeek wrote:
WANT!

also 15 promo cards?

also want

I can't wait

Not sure if it is 15 promo cards... just promo cards commemorating the 15th anniversary of RE (which makes me feel old...). The aftermarket will be alive with REDBG cards.. watch ebay closely.

I would figure a lot of them will be characters, specifically, variants of characters, like the foil Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine char. cards that were released with the base set.

If there is a Milla Jovovich card that is only available at GenCon or something, however, I may cry...

also, official page with art from expansion packaging: http://www.bandaicg.com/residentevil/promotions/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm really curious if they are going to have an updated version of Story Mode that fixes the numerous issues.

Also, do we combine the two mansion decks? Are there going to be two bosses? Can we customize the mansion deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
I'm really curious if they are going to have an updated version of Story Mode that fixes the numerous issues.

What issues have you encountered?

Quote:
Also, do we combine the two mansion decks?

I would think a combined deck would be an option, not neccessarily a requirement. perhaps certain cards combined into a "base" mansion deck.

Quote:
Are there going to be two bosses?

There could be. Why not? I am sure there will be a different "boss" monster... if you want to mix and match, why not?

Quote:
Can we customize the mansion deck?

I would certainly assume a customization of the Mansion deck would be quite possible, whether official or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for a bit more in the way of modes but I guess we'll have to see upon release. A corrected rulebook to replace the old one would be a nice plus. Also, The play mat included with the expansion would be worth an extra $10 imho and would be a nice addition if anyone from Bandai was lurking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lengthtoavoid wrote:
I was hoping for a bit more in the way of modes but I guess we'll have to see upon release. A corrected rulebook to replace the old one would be a nice plus. Also, The play mat included with the expansion would be worth an extra $10 imho and would be a nice addition if anyone from Bandai was lurking.

all these things are great... but 250 cards with different images of this would be more than adequate for me:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
lengthtoavoid wrote:

all these things are great... but 250 cards with different images of this would be more than adequate for me:

you dirty dog ; D yoinks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.