Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Wen
United States
Lake Forest
Click to Select (if applicable)
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Sheriff of Nottingham FanMicrobadge: Spyfall fanMicrobadge: Codenames fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Shadow Hunters fan
I was just interested in a collaborative stat project tracking wins/losses of each of the factions. I made the Google Doc open to the world so feel free to play with it.

Here is the link to the Google Form to input your wins and losses:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHh2YklveDJ...

Here is the link to the excel spreadsheet for those of you who want to manipulate the stats:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkNjfkkCz6vNdHh2Ykl...

I'm open to suggestions regarding improving this collection of data, so let me know your ideas.

Update 1/29/11 - added % of total wins, % of total losses, and popularity %
Update 2/1/11 - Great work guys, we are approaching 100 plays logged! I am thinking about a cross sectional study to show trends; I am open to suggestions. Right now I am between sections divided by new releases as they come out and/or by every 100 plays logged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I just added my stats of games I've played or that I watched as I taught others. I definitely noticed some trends. I'm beginning to think a certain deck needs a house rule to help make them more competitive. Out of 5 games that deck has come close to winning twice but has never won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Resistance fanMicrobadge: Risk Legacy fanMicrobadge: Eurojuegos Buenos Aires fanMicrobadge: Warcraft: Board Game Expansion Set fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
GREAT tool. They were doing something similar at the SW forums, but this automated thing works great as a sample. Would be great if you could have some graphs for it, or ordered by faction specific (or match-up). Maybe even add users so you can compare trends in play groups.
Well, there's a lot of stuff that can be done with such data
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I did some initial stats. As of Friday, January 28, 2011:

Factions with the best win/loss percent in order:

Tundra Orcs 73%
Guild Dwarves 71%
Phoenix Elves 43%
Fallen Kingdom 39%
Cave Goblins 33%
Vanguard Knights 31%

Personally, I'm amazed at how low the Phoenix Elves are. It should be noted that the majority of the Guild Dwarf wins are against the Cave Goblins. I'm also amazed at how low the Vanguard rates currently. It should be noted also that the newer decks don't have quite as many games listed. Also, there are quite a few "within box" games such as Tundra Orcs against Phoenix Elves.

Finally, did people even list if it was a same faction game or is that not likely to happen in most groups. In other words I don't remember seeing a Tundra Orc vs. Tundra Orc game listed for example.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with the numbers on frequency but the Phoenix Elves and Tundra Orcs occur about twice as frequently as the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Resistance fanMicrobadge: Risk Legacy fanMicrobadge: Eurojuegos Buenos Aires fanMicrobadge: Warcraft: Board Game Expansion Set fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
the samples are too low to start making conclusion. Probably people are uploading games from memory and those might be the ones they played first or remember the most, i know i did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Wen
United States
Lake Forest
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Sheriff of Nottingham FanMicrobadge: Spyfall fanMicrobadge: Codenames fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Shadow Hunters fan
I think one one of my short terms goals in terms of manipulating the data is to show favorable match-ups. Another is trend in factions with the release of new reinforcements, factions, and summmoners. But as PePe said we need a larger database.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Runebound fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk: Death Angel - The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Doom: The Boardgame fanMicrobadge: Summoner Wars fanMicrobadge: Elder Sign fan - Terror
Great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Wen
United States
Lake Forest
flag msg tools
badge
Updated the form to include master set. Keep logging games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Steurich
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Parent of Two Girls and One BoyMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Dune fan
Thank you for doing the spread sheet

I have logged in all of my playes since the summer (when I found it)

I wonder what's the easiest way to keep the post with the links for the spreadsheets on the front page so that players become aware of them and proceed to use them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Legendary fan - Covert HeroMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Suburbia iOS fanMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Golden Board Game Collector
Is there a way to add the tracker it as an external link on the Summoner Wars pages? I have started logging my games in, and am really surprised and impressed at how balanced the win/loss rations are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Codex: Card-Time Strategy fanMicrobadge: Horror Flick fanMicrobadge: Ecology fan - Everything is connected!Microbadge: I always play as the Bad GuysMicrobadge: Codex: Card-Time Strategy fan
I just went to log a couple of games into this and I see the spreadsheet, but I'd swear there used to be a lot more information on specific matchups where you could pull up individual sheets for a specific faction and see how they fared against the remaining factions. Is this still floating around out there somewhere?

Edit: I figured it out - it's here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkNjfkkCz6vNdHh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls