Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Van Boxelaer
Belgium
Nieuwkerken-waas
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi there,

in my first campaign (Iraq) I draw "AAA sites" as my target. It is an "objective" target where you have to destroy 7 sites: 2 S-60's, 3 Zu-23-4's and 2 Zu-23-2's.

The target also mentions the trait word "Vehicle".

Does this "vehicle"-trait applies to all those sites to be destroyed, even to the Zu-23-2 ? Based on the image on the counter that doesn't seem to be a vehicle ? And the S-60 seems to be a towed gun.

No doubt about the Zu-23-4 though. That clearly is a vehicle.

Thanks,
Filip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Kutzmann
Germany
Krefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add the Vehicle Bonus to your die Rolls when you use AGM-65s, thats how i would do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave O
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Filbox wrote:
Hi there,

in my first campaign (Iraq) I draw "AAA sites" as my target. It is an "objective" target where you have to destroy 7 sites: 2 S-60's, 3 Zu-23-4's and 2 Zu-23-2's.

The target also mentions the trait word "Vehicle".

Does this "vehicle"-trait applies to all those sites to be destroyed, even to the Zu-23-2 ? Based on the image on the counter that doesn't seem to be a vehicle ? And the S-60 seems to be a towed gun.

No doubt about the Zu-23-4 though. That clearly is a vehicle.

Thanks,
Filip

Normally Sites are not Targets, but in this case all 7 Sites are Targets so the trait word Vehicle applies to all 7 Sites. Under normal conditions the Sites in the Approach and Center areas do not receive the Trait Word Vehicle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
"Vehicle - Some weapons get a bonus to Attack Vehicle Targets."

Okay, I think I get what you are saying, now...
Since Target #6 AAA has no Hits listed to destroy (which would normally be what got the "Vehicles" bonus) and only the Objectives listed which must all be destroyed to destroy the Target, the the 7 Objective sites must be the Vehicles referred to.

Unless there is a typo on the card and there was supposed to be a Hits value, I think that Dave O is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Van Boxelaer
Belgium
Nieuwkerken-waas
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
"Vehicle - Some weapons get a bonus to Attack Vehicle Targets."

I understand the Vehicle trait (and the AGM65's vehicle bonus).

But I was confused by the image of the Zu-23-2 on the counter, which is clearly not a vehicle. The S-60 seems to be a towed gun.

I was unsure whether or not I have to apply the vehicle bonus to those sites.

Thanks, Filip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Kutzmann
Germany
Krefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Youre overthinking, use the Vehicle trait on the Target Sites, thats it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Waterman
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Target card 6: "AAA sites"
I drew the same target card on my first mission. It only allows 3 aircraft, I don't see a way to carry enough payload to destroy all 7 of the sites, plus fight the approach sites and any bandits.

I'm sure I'm missing something (especially since this is my first ever mission), but how do I arm myself to give get a fightning chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Zu-23-2 is a towed AAA gun. The target card requires you to think of each of the drawn sites as vehicles - even though, strictly speaking, the 23-2 ins't a vehicle. For that particular mission, you treat the Zu-23-2 (and all of the other drawn sites) as "vehicles".

Yes, this requires you to switch off that part of the brain that tells you the 23-2 isn't a vehicle (if it helps, imagine that it's still attached to the towing truck, and is destroyed by a hit on the truck).

This shouldn't require a great leap of imagination, though - or at least, no more than that required to treat all the mobile SAM sites as *not* vehicles during every other mission!

(FWIW, I have plenty of trouble thinking "why don't I get the vehicle bonus when I shoot a Maverick at an SA-11?"; the answer, of course, is "because the rules say that you don't". That bonus is only for TARGETS - not Sites - and ones with the Vehicle designation.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this question reminds me of the mission "MISSILE BOAT ATTACK" or any other target thats sea based / seaborne.. having defense site like ZSU , SA11 , SA2 protecting a waterborne target is kinda silly.. the mind conjures floating AAA / SAM sites .. but then i remember that usually soviet Naval based / shipborne weapons are the 'navalized' version from Army weapons.. i can accept that rationalization in my mind..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.