Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So we played our first Exodus session last night with the Vassal module and ventrilo. We have an agreement not to conspire behind each others backs through private message but apart from that it plays just like the tabletop game.

We added Conflicted Loyalties and the Cylon Fleet board.

I as the first secret Cylon managed to pull off a pretty special sabotage on 2 checks with some combinations of cards that are pretty damn powerful, an Establish Network combined with the Strength 6 Build Nuke card is a combo not many human teams are going to beat! I suppose the Green card counters it, I forget the name.

Before they realised it was me that was doing it I had Morale in the red, they hadn't jumped once and the Cylon ships were starting to build up.

Overall though I was really jealous of the Human players, they lost at 7 distance with Kobol objective but they were nails to the wall, edge of the seat stuff the entire way. Everyone said it was the best session we have played so far of BSG (4th with 2 in this group, some others a bit mroe veteran).
There was little chance to handle the Cylon Fleet, the Pilot player loved being so important, Apollo as the CAG is pretty damn special. Use Command, pilot one viper then use the CAG action to activate an unmanned Viper and then take an action....wow...

The Conflicted Loyalties didn't play a big part but I can tell it's just the right amount of subtle that some games it's going to really play on your mind why a human player would make certain choices. The real bonus came from as Personal Goals were achieved there was just the right amount of distrust again.

The new basestar Cylon Location adds some much needed variety to a revealed Cylons game, aswell as the consequences on Crisis, we only saw 2 the entire game but even so it was interesting for me to weigh up drawing and holding treachery until I get one of them icons and hold on to it for a good opportunity.

Really positive about Exodus and I haven't played the New Objective yet. As I rarely ever play New Caprica objective I wasn't that fussed about it. I guess involving all the other great characters from the show will be novel for a few games though.

PS If you are using or planning to use the Vassal module it has an issue at the moment caused by the new shuffle decks functionality, I will be fixing it and uploading the new version this weekend, sorry for any bad games caused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Updated the Vassal component to the one we used with a few nice additions, should be fine now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.