Tim Kilgore
United States
Sturgeon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kia vs Tim, round 3...

It has been close to two weeks since last we played, but we've done a fair amount of smack talking in the mean time. We were both ready to play and we set the game up in such a way that it would not "lock up" by setting aside some of the cubes.

I concentrated ALL of my fire power on the 3 and 4 lines this time unless a grey cube appeared elsewhere. Kia was eating up the 1 and 2 lines while every now and again I cashed in on the bigger lines. She did manage to win the 3 line once, but I took everything else.

Even so, the game came down to a single line which would allow me to win or would allow Kia to get 2 of 3 needed Trophies. I was loaded with grey cards and discovered that I could not play. I was able to discard 4 cards and draw 4 new ones and this made the difference, allowing me to win the needed line.

I am not sure about how the discard is handled in this case. Being able to dump 4 cards (half of your hand) seems a little, well, over powered. I think that discarding and drawing until you can play would have been adequate.

Anyhow, the series is now Kia 2, Tim 1, though my victory has a certain unsavory taint to it that I wish it were free of...

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.