Subject: Choir Tour rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neal Roberts
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
In about two weeks time, I will be travelling for 8 days on a bus with 40 people... Welcome to choir tour!

Anyways, I realize that this is very similar to the topic about a two-day car ride posted by Sonja,( http://boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthread&th... ), but I felt that the differences between our circumstances are sufficient as to allow this pseudo double post.

Speaking of circumstance:

As I said, we are a larger group traveling by tour bus (not everyone will be interested in playing, and multiple games going at once is probibly preferable over a game involving 20+ people-- usually they dont work very well at all...).

We have a spread of travel times between destinations of 1 hour and 5 hours (with an average travel time, probibly, closer to 2 hours).

We have a large spread of gamers, some whom have probibly never played anything more complex than go-fish, and some whom scoff at anything less complex than Conquest for North Africa )

Playing space will be limited, but not unheard of (we may or may not have spall amounts of actual table-space combined with the ability to prop things up between rows of seats to provide a flat surface area).

As you may expect, the movement of the bus will limit the games in what can and can't be played (although not as limited as you may think... we did play carcassonne on the bus last trip... but maybe polarity and hamsterrolle will most likely not be playable due to road conditions or the possibilty of hitting small animals or moose)

Games should preferably be quickly learned, as to take advantage of as much playing time as possible...

Interaction is a plus, especially for the larger group games (we played balderdash on the last trip... and although it was enjoyable, I can't say too many people had a grand time, but I think that was due to playing on teams and having very low interaction between teams...)

Oh, and one final note, just because I mentioned Balderdash doesn't mean thats the type of game I'm looking for... actually, since the games I take up upon your suggestions will become a part of my personal collection, I would almost prefer that party were not mentioned unless they are particularly outstanding... And buying games isn't a problem, and I'm sure most games I can order in in time for tour...

Now, all this being said, I will provide you with a list I have access to already for this trip, which I feel fit most of the criteria (and to give you insight into my prefernces... and I'll explain the ones that dont seem to fit):

-Bohnanza
-Citadels
-Who's the Ass
-Settlers of catan (Travel Edition)
-Scrabble (Travel Edition)
-Zendo/Icehouse pieces (more for downtime at venues)
-Blokus
-Button Men
-Very CLever Pipe Game
-Mamma Mia

Thanks everyone for your help! And I look forward to reading your suggestions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Tong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wy don't you make a gamelist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Roberts
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I am more comfortable with the forum style... gameslists scare me...

Plus, I think this has more staying power...

If you'd like to start a gamelist, go ahead, Jo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Tong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was already done. hehe. I didn't have the patience to wait for you, nor had I the need to go to bed at 3 am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.