Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question came up in a game that I'm refereeing:
I assume that, in order to play Alliance vs someone, the target empire must actually be in range of the empire that has taken the action that the originating empire is converting the target empire's action to; is this true? One of the players' interpretations is that, by the wording of the rules, as long as ANY of a player's empires is in range of the target empire, that that player can change the action to any action that ANY of the originating player's empires has taken...I feel that this is incorrect, but need an official ruling.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Alliance
ermd (#470903),

One of your empires must be in range of the empire turning over an action. They have formed an alliance with you and you are going to do something very nice for them.

Your friend is incorrect, you can change an existing empires action (in range) to anything other than Start or discard empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troymk1 (#471142),
This really didn't answer my question; I must have not stated it properly.
The player involved has 1 of his empires in range of the Target Empire, but the other 2 of his empires are not. He wishes to change the action of the Target empire to one of those that is chosen for one of the empires that itself is NOT in range of the target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Troymk1 (#471142),
Sorry, Troy, it does answer it to my satisfaction, but is not actually worded explicitly and he may yet disagree. I'm only refereeing the game and have no specific personal interest in it...I just need it spelled out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
ermd (#471284),

Troy is right Bruce.

Regards
Harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Harry Rowland (#471756),

One more question about that card.

Is the empire forced into the alliance deemed to have chosen T&P for level gaining purposes ?

And, by the same token ,are you allowed to declare a T&P with an empire which traded in a former phase (eg using whachamacallit conjunction) ? And if you do, is it deemed to have chosen T&P for level gaining purposes ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Merrimac (#471976),

What does "level gaining purposes" mean Alain?

Regards
Harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Harry Rowland (#473919),

Counting how many levels you gain, ie one more if you have chosen the T&P action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Merrimac (#473977),

Gotcha Alain, the answer is yes then.

Regards
Harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.