Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Le Havre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Response Needed! Can I sell the same building twice in the same turn. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically on this turn I wanted to gain some money quick, so I sold a building at the beginning of my turn then for my action I chose to build a building. I then built the building by paying the resources and then turned around and sold it right back to the town.

Is this a legal move?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LostRoom wrote:
Basically on this turn I wanted to gain some money quick, so I sold a building at the beginning of my turn then for my action I chose to build a building. I then built the building by paying the resources and then turned around and sold it right back to the town.

Is this a legal move?

Thanks!

I can't quite tell, but it sounds like you have a rule wrong. When you sell a building, it does not return to the proposals, it goes to the town. It can no longer be built by you or anyone else, and since you sold it, you cannot buy it back on the same turn.

So if you sell a building at the beginning of your turn, it is placed in town and is now owned by the town. If you then use your action to build something, you have exactly three choices from the proposals. Those choices could not contain the building you sold initially, if you are playing the game correctly.

Hope that helps,

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your description isn't the same as the title. But I think I get the gist;

So you sell building 'x'
You cannot get building 'x' back by using resources, it is already built. To get 'x' back you need to pay $$$.

So to answer your question, no your proposal isn't legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Basicly, you are allowed to sell any one building as many times as you like. As John already pointed out, this won't be possible during the same turn as you are not allowed to buy back a building you just sold. However, if sold on a previous turn, bought back on another one, then yes, you may sell it once more during a later turn. This is an often seen behavior with the Shipping Line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.