Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've searched the Rules posts and I cannot find clarification to this question: What exactly happens when both ships lose their last crew simultaneously in Crew Combat? I understand the non-successful dice determine the "winner" of the Crew Combat, but then what? And what happens in the case of a total tie "with no winner" when both crews are reduced to zero?

The rules say that when a ship's crew is reduced to zero, the captain dies and the winner may plunder the losing captain's ship. I assume this is what happens in the case of the tie-breaker situation above, even though the winner's crew is also at zero. But if both crews are reduced to zero and the other dice totals result in a tie, do BOTH captains die and must both start again as in the "Dying & Retirement" section, or do both ships limp away with the damage (and zero crew) sustained in the battle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's the one thing right now that I'm not sure of ruleswise. It hasn't come up for me, but I've assumed that both survive. But clarification would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
We played tonight that both captains live and sail away, sad and lonely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
We played tonight that both captains live and sail away, sad and lonely.

Which is correct. Bot Captains survive and sail away, fist in the air and cursing at each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.