Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=DEDO&game=bgg051&page=...

The only thing worse than being the last person eliminated from a two-way draw is being the last person eliminated from a CAREBEAR two way draw.

gulpyuksoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are just jealous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yukyukyuk

As Jeff himself said, it's taken a lot of discipline, planning, and checks and balances to get rthis far. I'm actually pretty proud I've kept my inner Machiavellian in check so long. He's struggling tutti li stati, tutti e' dominii che hanno avuto et hanno imperio sopra li uomini--sorry!--to get out! One more turn, one more turn, Mgringo, or I can't be responsible sono stati e sono o repubbliche o principati.

Call an exorcist, for the love of God, Mgringo Montressor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can so relate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which leads me to say a few words, on behalf of the ex-French ex-Portuguese president, now living comfortably in San Juan, Puerto Rico...

1) We're very glad we did not have to witness Europe being turned into Care-bear land. The very thought is repulsive.

2) We gave Turkey ample opportunity to remain our ally and avoid such an awful fate. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey now, Kimapesan, after what we have had to endure in this game, we don't give a rat's ass what the deposed despot of Portugal thinks. If you think it is easy for the two most Machiavellian players of the game to maintain this level of cooperation and shared vulnerability, you are completely insane. It's both Nate's and my instinct to win, yet we would both give it up to pull this off. There is a reason for it: we are trying to show what an alliance can accomplish. Your opinion about whether I am a care-bear or not does not matter, because you don't have any centers anymore. :-P

You are right about Turkey though, but judging from his comportment as an ally of Russia, I don't think he would have worked well with you. Obviously, you should have been nicer to Austria. Maybe if you had helped him against Germany or Italy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate:

Fish are friends, not food.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Mike, yada yada yada, which all goes to show I was right not to trust you.

Of course I shouldn't have trusted Austria either.

Of course, I shouldn't have trusted Turkey, for that matter.

Or England.

Oh hell. I just should've shoved a knife into everyone right from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, well, I did try to help him against Italy... but someone put a knife in my back right around the time I was trying to work on Italy... it was dark blue and covered with Belgian chocolate fingerprints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
Yes, Mike, yada yada yada, which all goes to show I was right not to trust you.

What did I do? Ok, I did help Austria depose you in Portugal when you were supporting my attack in Spain that never happened. I mean, aside from that. I helped you a lot when England was all over France and you rewarded me by stabbing me in Norway.

My only point is now you don't have any centers, so your opinion about the destiny of Europe doesn't matter. Did I mention that you don't have any centers?

And the other point was that this was not the only possible outcome of the game. Russia and Austria together had 7 centers at one point when some of you had 9 centers. Give credit where it's due. It wasn't easy.

Fish are friends not food.

Did I mention you don't have any centers?

Yours for the REVOLUTION!

Comrade Mgringo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
Oh, well, I did try to help him against Italy... but someone put a knife in my back right around the time I was trying to work on Italy... it was dark blue and covered with Belgian chocolate fingerprints.

Chocolate fingerprints on Brest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, that too. Fortunately I didn't have to call in Sherlock Holmes to figure out the crime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hercules Poirot may have been better.

Oh wait, he's Belgian, not French. What was the name of the detective in Poe's mysteries?

Dupin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What did I do? Ok, I did help Austria depose you in Portugal when you were supporting my attack in Spain that never happened. I mean, aside from that. I helped you a lot when England was all over France and you rewarded me by stabbing me in Norway.

No, you supported me INTO Norway. True, I supported in England first. Splitting hairs. I turned it back over to you afterward, as promised. You keep harping on Norway as if it was some big surprise. Let it go.

Quote:
My only point is now you don't have any centers, so your opinion about the destiny of Europe doesn't matter.

You mean to say that my opinion about the destiny of some plastic pieces on a cardboard map of Europe doesn't matter. Okay, maybe yours are wooden. Splitting hairs again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgringo wrote:
Hercules Poirot may have been better.

Oh wait, he's Belgian, not French. What was the name of the detective in Poe's mysteries?

Dupin!

I was thinking Inspector Cluseau might be appropriate. He was French. Barely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic pieces on a cardboard map of Europe? You must be hallucinating. This isn't a game. We are leaders of the Great Powers.

Well, Austria and I are leaders of the Great Powers. You don't have centers. Now you are a deposed leader of a Great Power.

Plastic pieces - Ce n'est pas possible! Il n'y a pas plastique. Il n'y a pas carte. Il n'y a pas geekgold. Il y a mort. Il y a sang, mort, courage, et victoire!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:

I was thinking Inspector Cluseau might be appropriate. He was French. Barely.

Yes, he would have been distracted with the brest and missed the chocolate however. I think that is understandable and correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the sometimes comic turns in this game, I agree.

As I said Mike, yes, right, they're not plastic. They're wood. Happier now, my delusional eye-ball friend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawd, that eye is awful. Looks like Sauron having a bad night's sleep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's warped - that is how my eyes felt yesterday around 3 PM when I finally went to sleep though. I found the eye on the web, but I added a spot of reflection, painted it a bit for effect, and of course it's rotated 180 degrees.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.