United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing an action game on iOS. King Arthur and Lancelot are the 2 playable characters. In the sequel, Lancelot got replaced with Perceval. I'm left wondering if Perceval was Arthur's left-hand man, or if this was just something random.

Arthur is the head honcho, which is pretty evident even if you don't know the tales as he is refered to as "King Arthur" in SOC. I recall the tales saying Lancelot was close and almost 2nd in command to Arthur. Next we got Perceval. Does anyone who knows the tales and legends can gander a guess at who would be after Perceval in terms of "rank" or authority?

As for SOC, there's no title that's relevant to gameplay, except that King Arthur always goes first, and that King Arthur gets final say whenever there are certain situations where the group can't come to a concensus on certain things (e.g. who gets what cards when 7 white cards are to be distributed to 4 knights who just won a quest). We did play a game with MC where we had no Arthur, so no one was there to take that role (not difference as we had no disputes and a random player went first), but I suppose it could be nice to know who's next up after those missing people. We played with MC and IIRC, MC rulebook says Arthur always has to be choosen as a character, but we also did characters randomly, so it seems a bit stringent to enforce that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
The table was round so that there would be no pecking order. :-)

But amongst men, that doesn't really work and there were those who were more highly regarded as leaders than some of the others Galahad was very highly regarded and was, therefore, the knight that was permitted to search for the Holy Grail. Sir Kay was Arthurs, senechal, but wasn't so well liked or lacked one or two of the knightly vitues.

Lancelot was specifically precluded from doing so because of his affair with Gueniviere.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
...King Arthur gets final say whenever there are certain situations where the group can't come to a concensus on certain things (e.g. who gets what cards when 7 white cards are to be distributed to 4 knights who just won a quest).

Hmmm... I thought the rule was...
If no agreement is found between the Knights present on the Quest, they are dealt randomly to each Knight, starting with the Knight having just brought the Quest to successful completion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
...King Arthur gets final say whenever there are certain situations where the group can't come to a concensus on certain things (e.g. who gets what cards when 7 white cards are to be distributed to 4 knights who just won a quest).

Hmmm... I thought the rule was...
If no agreement is found between the Knights present on the Quest, they are dealt randomly to each Knight, starting with the Knight having just brought the Quest to successful completion.

hmmm, can't recall where I read that, but will quote the source if I do find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is true. I played a game of SOC two days ago and I read that if there is no agreement on who gets which cards, the cards are shuffled and distributed randomly among the players (which is bad for everyone).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Enriquez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the cards are passed randomly starting with the player who co ported the quest. It is on the FAQ on the company website.

Although the round table implied an equality about the knights, they have often been ranked in some ways. It would be fun to utilize a line of succession in the game. From some of the literature notes I have read there are some mentions of rank...

Gawain is Arthur's #1 man, followed by Geraint. Lancelot may have been ranked third after that. As far as prowess of the knights, Lancelot is the greatest followed by Tristan then Lamorak.

Gawain is the older brother of Gaheris and Gareth in that order though Gareth seems to be more accomplished than Gaheris.

Kay and Bedivere were best friends and based on the stories Kay is of greater significance. Gareth also worked for Kay, I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.