Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gate in a "closed" location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
V Hawks
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
What should I do if a mythos card says to close a location, but the location currently has an open gate. Does the gate go away or is the card ignored?

-V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The location is closed, and a closed marker is placed upon it as normal; however, as long as the gate remains open, it replaces the location and Investigators encounter the gate instead of the closed location. If an investigator closes or seals a gate on a closed location, they are immediately moved to the adjacent street area, just as if the location had been closed under them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V Hawks
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks! Did I miss that in the rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gerkinator wrote:
Thanks! Did I miss that in the rulebook?

Unfortunately, no... there are many interactions in Arkham not covered in the rules. Most of them can be reasoned out (the Encounter rules tell what happens when a Gate is on a Location, the terror rules explain closed locations, there is no rule for the interaction, so follow each rule separately), but some are real meat for game theologians. There should be a new FAQ out annnny day now... in the meantime, many of these issues have been dealt with on these forums.
Sadly, the forums can be hard to search. Kudoes on the clear title to your thread; it will make it much easier for some future searcher to find this answer than would "Nooby Qwestyun".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V Hawks
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Yeah, I assumed this question has already been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mb
It was answered in the FAQ or by Kevin Wilson (the dude who made the game), not sure which. But I did read it officially SOMEwhere! So yes, that's the right answer. Just remember, monsters get kicked out, too! Along with any investigator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EcnoTheNeato wrote:
(...) Just remember, monsters get kicked out, too! Along with any investigator

At the General Store :

Merchant : Get out, i'm leaving this town !
Hound of Tindalos : GRAWWWAAAWWWAAAARRRRGH
Merchant : You don't buy, you dont stay ! Go outside, bad doggy thing from hell ! NOW !
Hound of Tindalos : **Whimpers and try to dissolve in an angle**
Merchant : **Hit the Hound with a newspaper** Not in the corner ! Take the door and do your thing outside ! You bad bad dog ...
Hound of Tindalos : **Just has time to go outside before the door is slammed shut behind it.**

Don't think monsters has easy life in AH ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, now, we ALL know that his proper name is The Shopkeeper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.