Dwsparks
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
When the bullet hits the bone!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base set, plus one expansion set (Grut Orcs, which were not used in this game session).

The chosen map was Migol’s Tomb.

2-player game, 300 point armies, chosen by drafting.

Armies were as follows: Mimring the Dragon (150 pts.), Elf Archer (whatshisname, 100 pts.), Viking Warriors Squad (50 pts), versus Sgt. Stone (110 pts), Airborne Elite (110 pts) and Kyrie the Valkyrie (80 pts).

First round, Airborne Elite fail to Drop. Mimring flies to the top of the catacombs, and breathes flame on the lonely sergeant, to no effect. Viking warriors berserk charge to close range with Sarge. Elf Archer attempts to climb to higher ground.

Second round, Airborne Elite fail to Drop. Sgt. Stone dispatches a Viking Warrior. Kyrie stays out of combat. Mimring breathes flame on Vikings and the Sgt. Alike, killing one Viking. Elf archer still climbing up the mountain.

Third round, Airborne Elite fail to Drop! When will they get here? Mimring breathes fire again! The Sarge goes down! Player Two has just one figure left on the board. Kyrie flies over the map, takes out Elf Archer, and is happily out of line of sight of Mimring’s special attack. One Viking warrior remains.

Fourth Round, Airborne Elite finally make their Drop roll. Mimring goes first, closing on Kyrie, taking all but one health point. Finally, the Airborne drop from the heavens! (Just like those Americans, always late for the War…). Mimring goes down amidst a flurry of grenades and machine gun fire. Kyrie is a sad victim of grenade shrapnel. (War is heck, as they say.)

Fifth round, The Airborne Elite pick off the remaining Viking Warrior from range for the win.

Synopsis: Another fun game of Heroscape, which was a real nail-biter for Player Two. Everything seems surprisingly balanced, and the special abilities don’t seem TOO special. If Mimring had two more defense dice, this game would have gone quite differently. Luckily, he only has three. Player Two fully intended to Drop the Airborne earlier in the game, but kept missing the roll. Mimring is vicious at range, but not quite so tough up close.

Suggestions for future sessions: Close with Mimring quickly. (Player Two was trying to engage the dragon, but was engaged with the Viking Warriors.) Get the Elf Archer into play (trying to get elevation on this map was hard to do with a non-flying character), Elf-boy never fired a shot. Don't make ambitious plans with the Airborne Elite, the Drop is not predictible.

This game session took about 35 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
dwsparks (#471493),

Sgt. Stone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwsparks
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
When the bullet hits the bone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
RogMcK (#472837),

Okay, so his name is Sgt. Drake. I didn't have the game in front of me for the session report. Mentally, he's Sgt. Rock, and while I was writing this, I was sure that it wasn't Rock, but something similar to that... hence Sgt. Stone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.