Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Simple GBoH» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activation Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ph’nglui mglw’nfah Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

Here is something I've been wondering about for a little white: would "backporting" the GBoH activation rules into SGBoH break the game in any significant way? (with adding back the associated leader tokens, obviously).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Did you end up trying this out?

This seems to be a common complaint with the SGBOH system. Peter Manning has developed a SGOH command rules that use a lot of mechanisms from GBOH. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks interesting. This can be found at: http://www.gboh.net/6.html which has a ton of other interesting GBOH stuff on it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Bakon wrote:
Did you end up trying this out?

This seems to be a common complaint with the SGBOH system. Peter Manning has developed a SGOH command rules that use a lot of mechanisms from GBOH. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks interesting. This can be found at: http://www.gboh.net/6.html which has a ton of other interesting GBOH stuff on it as well.

I've done this for various titles - using the GBoH rules for command. It creates some holes.... How do you handle rout. One of the functions of command in GBoH is recovering routed units... you dont do that in SGBoH- they just die. So now Ldrs have 'more actions' to focus on fighting.

End of the day that works better for me than the inept ad hoc treatment in SGBoH.

Peters latest version of the rules are also a good adaptation. But it really depends on the specific module, as the command rule mechanics change significantly from Alex/SPQr/CoG..onwards as command changed historically over time. from single major Ldr to Wings etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.