Subject: new games tried so far summary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well so far I have played 19 games. I have found 4 that I will want to get Louis XIV, Ubongo and 2 that are not currently available, a space theme game and a game with a strong archeology theme.
Louis XIV is strategic and tactical game about place influence markers on the King's advisors and earning favors which eventually translate to points. Very popular here so far amongst the masses.
Ubongo is kind of a puzzle race game with pieces like Blokus. If you finish the puzzle you get to pick gems which are scored in winning. If you finsh first you get more choice of gems.
I also played China, the new Web of Power. It is slightly different in that houses only score once. You also have a doubling marker to use to play with one of your houses. You also get to pick from 4 cards instead of 2. It plays slightly different. I'm not sure if I like it better but it comes with coold wooden pagodas. (I already have this one on order
Played some so ok games I will not pick up either because I have similar type games already or they didn't interest me enough like Australia, Tower of Babel and Around the World in 80 days.
That's all for now.
Lorna

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Lorna. I have Louis XIV on pre-order so I'm happy to hear you liked it.

I'd be interested in your first impression of Australia. Is it one of the "similar games" or "uninterested" games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Thanks for the update Lorna. Always good to hear comments on new games.

Would the mentioned archaeology game be Jenseit von Theben?

lorna wrote:
a game with a strong archeology theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if I like Australia or not yet. I need to play it again. It is very tactical. Each turn you put down rangers in hopes of scoring an area. The annoying part is that the next player may have a way to score before it gets back to your turn, so very random with increased number of players. I played with 5 but want to try it with 3 or 4 before I make up my mind. Would not play with 5 again. Suspect I will like it more with fewer players. So it's kind of an area control game which I already have a lot of so probably won't buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fawkes wrote:
Thanks for the update Lorna. Always good to hear comments on new games.

Would the mentioned archaeology game be Jenseit von Theben?

lorna wrote:
a game with a strong archeology theme.

yes, very fun game, too bad it's unavailable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
more games new played wither new or at least new to me. Amazonas has a beautiful board with lots of jungle and various pretty wildlife chits. I found the game ok, kind of a race to build research huts in the jungle and paying for them by earnings made from collected wildlife chits. But may get the game just cuz it's pretty
Played walk the dogs. Very simple kid type game with the cutest little plastic dogs. you try and collects sets of dogs and hey since I have a pair of shi tzus at home already I figured I'd have an advantage so I bought it. This would be I am a sucker for cool art and bits posts if you can't tell
Got to try Cities and Guilds, a tile laying game with sort of a stock component added to the scoring. I want to try again.
Finally got to play Breaking Away, much better than I anticipated and much easier to play also. Cool bike race game wher your speed (distance you move) is somewhat determined by your drafting position. Want to try again. Will be good for 5 or 6 players.
Timbuktu an older game of using camels to deliver goods by avoiding the bandits. A brain burner for me and needless to say I lost most of my goods. I like the game but doubt I'll ever be good at it.
Ticket to Ride Europe. A few tweaks and bigger train cards but not enough difference to make me want a copy. Seems popular though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.