Popular Tags: [View All]
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very interested in purchasing this game but am curious about how long it takes to play. How accurate is the play time of 120 minutes? Can it be played in a shorter time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:
I am very interested in purchasing this game but am curious about how long it takes to play. How accurate is the play time of 120 minutes? Can it be played in a shorter time?

120 min is pretty accurate. But, of course, it depends on the players. Two swift players could play it more quickly. There are a lot of bits and it takes some time to set them up, and then there are random elements in play so it may take some thinking to develop an attacking strategy based on the available options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Mazzotti
Italy
Alfonsine RA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game during 240 min, but it was only the first and we have to learn the rules and more important the strategies.
For experts players 120-150 min is perhaps the appropriate time play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
from my plays, i would say over 180 minutes. Of course, every time ive played ive also taught someone to play, but even still i'd think you could only get it down to 120 minutes with either an early victory or 2 seasoned players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm agreeing with the earlier posters: two veteran players might get this down below two hours, but probably not including setup and put away time. Otherwise, closer to three hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this yesterday; it was my third game and his second and it took under 2 hours (just).

The first play (with lots of rule checks and clarifications) took 4 hours, but we still really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The theme and game play looks awesome. It's really the type of game I'm looking to play. I'm only afraid I won't play it enough to remember all the rules and nuances. It's probably the reason it'll take 4 hrs every time I get it on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Mazzotti
Italy
Alfonsine RA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zollom04 wrote:
The theme and game play looks awesome. It's really the type of game I'm looking to play. I'm only afraid I won't play it enough to remember all the rules and nuances. It's probably the reason it'll take 4 hrs every time I get it on the table.

I think the problem are not the rules (not so difficult) but the rulebook who can confuse novice players! In my first play the most difficulties for me was to remember what the counters stand for and to decide the right strategy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to purchase a copy as soon as it becomes available again (this month?).Valley Games website states that the new edition rulebook will now be divided into two separate books: the defender rulebook and the invader rulebook. For all of you who have played the current edition, do you think this would help keep the time closer to the 120 min.in your opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.