Subject: Small World Online?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darling Clementine
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Small World Small World must be one of my favourite games but I simply cannot understand why oh why there is still no online version of it??? I contacted DOW last year (after the iPad version was released) and they said to "watch this space"... it's been months now and... Nothing

Am I hanging out in vain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent LECOMTE
France
Maizy
Aisne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

You can "play" online using the vassal module (see: http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Small_World)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - I have been looking to play some Vassal Games - I might be able to coordinate with you some night if you are interested. (my main gaming group - which thank goodness is playing Smallworld tonight - lived about 45 miles from me.)

Anyway - we are looking to play on Vassal and see how it all works - I have never used it. But if you take a look at it and think you might be interested - I would love a PBEM or something to try out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh - I have also been tossing around the idea with my gaming group about us coordinating some sort of Small World tournament - either through observed vassal games - or through Play by Forum. We have held off on anything however - as we are hoping that Days of Wonder will get it together for us to have that as the online medium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are more than welcome to join us in the Play-by-forum games. There are two games being played right now, be ready to join the next!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to join the next! I've been watching them and enjoy reading through them occasionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senseless wrote:
You are more than welcome to join us in the Play-by-forum games. There are two games being played right now, be ready to join the next!

What's the procedure for signing up for a game? I am a terrible Small World player (for one thing, I've only ever played 2p -- and always lost), but I'd be interested in trying a PBF game now that my offline gaming time has gone way down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Löfström
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mb
The procedure is basicly telling people you wanna play and hope you can get in a game. Game 26 is over in a few days. I'll probably start another one after that. Keep lookout for the new one and post in the thread that you wanna join.

Dan Samela (Mysterio) seems to start new games all the time. Geekmail him and I'm sure you'll be in his next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps we should start a Guild or something to make it easier for people to keep up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Haven't you heard?

http://www.suite101.com/content/mother-who-neglected-childre...

The online Small World boardgame (that doesn't exist) leads to child neglect and dog starvation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
Haven't you heard?

http://www.suite101.com/content/mother-who-neglected-childre...

The online Small World boardgame (that doesn't exist) leads to child neglect and dog starvation.

That is insane... what an idiot author... did he research that at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.