Popular Tags: [View All]
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for some help here...

A friend and I were playing through a great game of TS until he tried to play the Star Wars card.

How technically do you proceed to play this card on Vassal? Everything we tried did not work. Do you press the discard deck button and play card from the discard? Do you just drag a card onto the board? What do you click on or right click on? We just couldn't figure it out and had to stop what was an extremely tough fought game...any help would be very appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gralem wrote:
Looking for some help here...

A friend and I were playing through a great game of TS until he tried to play the Star Wars card.

How technically do you proceed to play this card on Vassal? Everything we tried did not work. Do you press the discard deck button and play card from the discard? Do you just drag a card onto the board? What do you click on or right click on? We just couldn't figure it out and had to stop what was an extremely tough fought game...any help would be very appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Well, what's supposed to happen is, after you click on "Play card for event" on the Star Wars card, a dialog pops up for the American player with a list of non-scoring cards from the discard pile. The American player selects one, clicks "OK" and it appears in his hand.

You never have to touch the discard deck unless you want to look at what cards are in it.

What happened instead?

EDIT: Even if there are no cards in the discard pile, a warning dialog should at least pop up, but there's nothing you can do anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm,i dont think this happened....no dialog box of any kind...so you never
Drag a card to the board from the discard pile? Maybe thats what happened and we could never revert back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gralem wrote:
Hmm,i dont think this happened....no dialog box of any kind...so you never
Drag a card to the board from the discard pile? Maybe thats what happened and we could never revert back

The dialog pops up immediately after selecting "Play card for event", so you shouldn't even have had the opportunity to touch the discard pile. Even if you did, it wouldn't have affected the Star Wars card anyway, so that's not the problem. I double checked the Star Wars card last night and it appears to be working properly, so it could be a more obscure bug.

If your connection is interrupted or extremely slow and the Soviet player plays the Star Wars card, it could take a while for the dialog to appear, but everything else would have ground to a halt as well (i.e., you wouldn't have been able to chat either).

Maybe you could answer a few questions:

* Was the U.S. actually ahead on the Space Race? (Sorry, I have to ask! ) If it wasn't, you should not even have been able to select "Play card for event"; it should have been disabled.
* Was this during the Headline Phase?
* Who played the card: USSR or US?
* Were you playing the USSR or the US?
* Were you playing live or PBeM? (PBeM is not supported in the current module).
* Which module version were you playing?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sklar
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card was definitely event playable..

not during headline phase
US played the card (my opponent)
I was Russia
playing live
and the latest version 3.08

:::shrug::
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.