Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if you lose all your family members? Like, let's say that you visit the Land of Milk and Honey twice, or you only visit once and then get hit by Carbonite Cousin of the X deck?

What happens when you have no family members to play? Do you lose? You don't have to feed them anymore, or heat your house, but you'd still get the benefits of animal growth during the harvest.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody else gets to take over your farm by splitting up their family and moving them out of their farm, thus potentially doubling their score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
17th century Europe was a dangerous place. You'd better have offspring to take care of family farm in case something horrible happened in the woods or in the quarry. Clay pits are known to be relatively safe
Good catch, Mike. I guess you'd have no more turns. Kinda like player elimination, but you could still win? What an awesome way to win that would be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
Any thoughts?

Agricola hates you. So does God. And your mother, too. :p

But seriously, I don't know. Probably just chalk it up to sheer craziness and start over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
What happens if you lose all your family members? Like, let's say that you visit the Land of Milk and Honey twice, or you only visit once and then get hit by Carbonite Cousin of the X deck?

What happens when you have no family members to play? Do you lose? You don't have to feed them anymore, or heat your house, but you'd still get the benefits of animal growth during the harvest.

Any thoughts?

(All seriousness aside,) I'd offer that you LOSE. With no family, it seems unimportant how many points you score if your line is wiped from existence.

I SUPPOSE, however, that if more than one player lost all their family members, then the person with more points would be the "winner" of the two. Or the less "loserest".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to opine that anyone playing with both the L*dF-deck and the X-deck gets what they deserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.