Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Allen, my co-worker and lunchtime gaming partner, played a game of LOTR:TC today after a few weeks off. Once again, I took the role of Dark, while Allen played the forces of Good.

This was the fastest game I've ever played of LOTR:TC. Allen began moving his forces out of the shire and along the western (left) edge of the board early. I took a chance by attacking 2 recently moved characters with the Orcs, and struck gold. Sam and Frodo, right under my nose! The Orcs attacked Sam first, killing him instantly, and Frodo retreated.

A couple of moves later, and I had moved the Balrog into the center of his side of the board, and attacked Gandalf. Gandalf retreated, leaving me to split the board. I knew that Frodo had moved to the right side of the board, adjacent to the space I had just taken. One turn later, I played the Palantir to reveal Frodo, then attacked with the Black Rider.

Frodo had no place to retreat. I played a Magic Card, giving me a pick between a STR6 card and the Eye of Sauron (ignore text of enemy card). Frodo was trapped, there was no way to win the battle, so I won the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.