Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know someone posted something ages ago about this, but I cannot remember where to look.

I recently had a problem with one of my rubber bands melting to some of my Cults Across America cards (came out mostly OK, nothing game breaking). I remember seeing someone post something on, I THINK, "Elastic Bands", which are like rubber bands but made of elastic. The post included a brief summary of why they rock and where you can buy them.

Well, I can see why I need them, but I cannot find them on the internet anywhere I look...does anyone know? Help will be most appreciated!

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halloween Jack
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Could it be silicon rubber bands (good) as opposed to natural rubber bands (deteriote over time)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I beleive the reference was to elastic hair bands. Can be bought in bulk at big stores like devilwal-martdevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, silicon rubber bands sounds right...off to Google!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get hair bands from the hair care aisle of my local grocery store. Be sure to get the ones that don't have metal on them as these may mark the cards. The smaller size is perfect for an average deck of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hair bands are perfect. I had quite a bit lying around from when my hair was long. They dont "cut" into the cards like regular rubberbands might.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Even better are small ziploc bags. Snack bags (half the size of sandwich bags)usually do the trick. No chance of denting or permanently harming the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better yet is to create a custom box to hold your deck of cards. Any size deck, any number of cards. Go here => http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi and generate a PDF file that you can print onto light cardstock and use to create a card box for your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you are looking for are called Plastibands. Try that. If you find a good source for these I'd love to hear about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastibands, yes, thank you, thank you, thank you, THAT'S the one I was looking for. On a side note, just run a search on Yahoo/Google for the word "Plastibands" and you'll get several sites you can buy from.

Other than that, don't know any other sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You already have your answer, but if it helps, I saved the web site that someone posted back in the original discussion.

http://www.b3.net/customer/product.php?productid=365&cat=0&p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have an idea of how many different sizes the Elastibands come in? I've only seen them in the 2+1/8 inch size and another huge size that didn't seem very appropriate for games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
I bought two boxes of Plastibands, one small (2-1/8"), one large (4-1/4"). I store my games in my garage, which is nice & dry but can get warm in the SoCal summers. They work great! They don't stretch & rebound as much as regular rubber bands, but more than enough to hold a deck of cards or a game box lid on tight.

I was never able to find them locally at an office supply store, so I just had to order them online, paying almost as much in shipping as I did for the Plastibands!

Hmm, these might be a nice little accessory item for online game stores to offer, just like some sell ziplock bags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Even better yet is to create a custom box to hold your deck of cards. Any size deck, any number of cards. Go here => http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/tuckbox.cgi and generate a PDF file that you can print onto light cardstock and use to create a card box for your deck.

My Magic cards will be thanking you soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.