Popular Tags: [View All]
willial butler
United States
patterson
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Phil Sabin posted on the LostBattles Yahoo group that he had recently visited the printers and that they were getting very close to the production stage. For those who have not pre-ordered, the discount for pre-ordering the game will soon cease to be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this apply to those of us who dont want to pay to have it shipped across the pond? Im on the list to be made aware when its available for pre-order from Noble Knight. That shipping from Britain is killer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Will this apply to those of us who dont want to pay to have it shipped across the pond? Im on the list to be made aware when its available for pre-order from Noble Knight. That shipping from Britain is killer.

Agreed. I too put my pre-order in with Noble Knight from day 1... meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

I'm not an authority on this, but I strongly suspect that the end of the pre-order period for direct orders has nothing to do with the sales through Noble Knight. When I pre-ordered Where There Is Discord from NK, there was no connection. The pre-order date from the website was already past when I received word that it was available from NK. I assume, and again I do not know, that NK "pre-orders" a quantity of games, or something like that, based on how many folks contacted them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
I'm not an authority on this, but I strongly suspect that the end of the pre-order period for direct orders has nothing to do with the sales through Noble Knight. When I pre-ordered Where There Is Discord from NK, there was no connection. The pre-order date from the website was already past when I received word that it was available from NK. I assume, and again I do not know, that NK "pre-orders" a quantity of games, or something like that, based on how many folks contacted them.

Good point Chris!

I'll get a copy either way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bakker
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:

Same here robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have ordered two copies (both for me - don't ask) from source and had a very interesting exchange of emails with Professor Sabin. I am experiencing mild schadenfreude here as I consider the vast amounts I have paid in postage (and Custom's duty) getting games from the States that were not easily available in the UK.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talk about customs. Brrr...!
robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Sabin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
We are indeed now approaching the point at which we will have enough pre-orders to justify moving ahead with the remaining graphic design work, ordering the books, and generally preparing for printing in mid-2011 as promised. We are also close to agreement with Noble Knight on a deal to cover the North American market. We are having one further advertising blitz, and then the plan is to move to the standard price. (I don't think there was any discount price with WTID - we used one here so as to get pre-orders in quickly and so minimise the usual delays which occur while firms decide if production is warranted.)

People who place their orders direct with FCG should get the game sooner than from Noble Knight, since it will take several weeks for Noble Knight to receive its games in bulk by sea. However, North American customers who go with Noble Knight will save significantly on the standard price plus S&H, and marginally on the current discount price plus S&H. This seems to us to be the fairest approach all round.

Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Phil! I cant wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-order done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't wait so I bought the hardback book Lost Battles: Reconstructing the Great Clashes of the Ancient World from Amazon and it is a bloody good read so, based on that, I can wholeheartedly recommend this game.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
I couldn't wait so I bought the hardback book Lost Battles: Reconstructing the Great Clashes of the Ancient World from Amazon and it is a bloody good read so, based on that, I can wholeheartedly recommend this game.

Jim
Est. 1949

You sound really excited with this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so excited about this, I bought 'Empire: The Macedonian Punic Wars' from the Society of Ancients to keep me occupied until Lost Battles is released!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Söderberg
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered with a hefty £23,95 for shipping to Finland. I don't think I'll be disappointed though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Kilpinen
Finland
Helsinki / Vantaa
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Same here. A total of 93€ - though, just to be sure, I did ask my local (Helsinki) retailers/distributors if they'd be interested in carrying the game.

The value for money is apparent, though.

I don't think I'll need to look at other Ancients systems for a while - with the possible exception of C&C:Ancients, depending on how easy this game is to present to "light" gamers.

I might even consider "miniaturizing" (by which, of course, I mean using Grand Scale miniatures instead of making a travel edition this game and using the unit tokens as "bases" - though I'd have to experiment with that to see what would work without messing up the tokens themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glabro wrote:
...this game and using the unit tokens as "bases" - though I'd have to experiment with that to see what would work without messing up the tokens themselves.

There's a firm called "Warbases" who would make you bases in 3mm MDF - this is what I intend to do.

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Kilpinen
Finland
Helsinki / Vantaa
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks. I'll try that or plasticard. If we decide to get C&C:A, then having the miniatures pull double duty is the best idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Posner
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think the shipping is outrageous over the pond, try living in Australia.
On the basis of WTID selling out (and being a seriously good game, if a little too hard for Her Majesties armed forces to win given the actual result ) I have preordered LB and singlehandedly resurrected the UK postal service's profitability.
All joking apart, the postage rate is a killer and if 5th column are going to move from boutique publishers to long term viable company they should look at alternative distribution methods for international sales.

Howard Posner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brown
Wales
USK
Monmouthshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My (pre)order is now in. Really looking forward to this...

Frub

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.