Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdie, crowd

Inspired by worldworksgames I designed and crafted a simple paper tree for miniature games and I'd like to share it with you

I think, I will call this model officially "T(h)ree" .. because .. well .. it's a threesided tree

And here is the assembly description (crafting time: ~1 hour.):

1.) Cut. Do cut out the white lines in the leaves as well as in the trunk! You'll see later why you need them.

2.) Glue the pieces of the trunk in a way that gives you a three sided trunk. (One half of one piece to one half of the next and the remaining halves against each other)

3.) Glue the upper part of the crown likewise. Glue opposing sides of the lower crown against each other. Fold the leashes outwards.

4.) Now glue the lower parts of the crown against the upper part. Leave a little bit of space in the centre, though: Here the trunk is going to come through.

5.) Now comes a fiddly part: Stick the crown into the trunk. One of the three "branches" of the trunk has to show up on each side of the crown.

Don't forget to edge the whole thing!

6.) Now attach the remaining pieces to the crown. First the bottom pieces ..

7.) .. then those that go on top.

Voilà, your tree is finished and ready to play.

Here we can see Trooper Jones going for cover behind the tree:

File is online: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18778135/baum.pdf

Since I noticed, that the tree trips over once you put a model into the crown, I added a two-sided base with lots of grass on the one side and with less grass and more earth on the other, so you can use whichever suits your terrain best.

Fold the bottom leashes of the trunk into the upper part of the base and glue the lower part against the upper part, covering those leashes.
Paint the edge - done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you invert the colors before printing, you have a small scale Nuke-Cloud like the one from Litko
Great Stuff
Flasshhawk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashhawk wrote:
If you invert the colors before printing, you have a small scale Nuke-Cloud like the one from Litko
Great Stuff
Flasshhawk

Gahahahaha

Awesome idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walsh
United States
Batavia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.