Thanks to
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
for posting in the Arkham forum about an artist box at Hobby Lobby, I took one of the 40% coupons they offer every couple weeks and got one for around $10.

So (after some minor modifications) I present.......

This is the outside, and all I did was print off the first page of the rulebook onto a full sheet label and stick it on.
I thought it would be cool to paint the talisman logo on by hand, but my skills are not there.

So then you open it.....

As you can see, I have all the minis, tokens, coins, dice, and all 7000 cards!....OK maybe that's a slight exaggeration.
I put all the rules from everything in page protectors, in a binder and tucked it in the lid.

But the cool part is there is a 2nd layer underneath.

And down here is the character cards, ending cards and all the boards!

It works great, however there a couple issues.
It is HEAVY but not as much as you'd think really.
The other issue is if we go by FFGs past history (ahem Runebound), I may have to start work on a second box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks good. I'd make a foam insert for the minis so they don't move around too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyscott1 wrote:
It looks good. I'd make a foam insert for the minis so they don't move around too much.

Great idea, that way I could carry it by the actual handle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!
But you will need a second one soon... there are so many more expansions on the horizon meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! - I had just uploaded pics of my box (same one) and was going to post when I saw yours. I really like the mods! I have been using these boxes "as is" for a few games and it's working great. If I had cool painted mini's (like you) I would probably do something different to protect them but for now here is how I load it. This is main game and all expansions (big box and small). I lay a strip of bubble wrap (I had some laying around) over the minis and it keeps them in place when transporting. Other games loaded up can be found in my contributions section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Xai
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,
I see you're a DIY-er ;-)

Just wanted to let you know I made some card-boxes for Talisman;
And they should fit in your case.
Maybe you're interested in making them too .. here's the post:
http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/130...

Check it out when you got a bit of time.
Cheers,
Ned

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what I'm more envious of... the case, or the fact that you have all the mini's painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, teejay! I'm always interested in how folks store their Talisman gameage. I got the same box close to a couple years ago and managed to stuff everything in there, taking a few liberties. I've since added The Woodlands and Nether Realms, so all expansions are represented. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit all the boards and rulebooks inside the box so I had to come up with a creative solution to solve the problem. Hence, I stored what wouldn't fit in the box inside some strong poly bags and attached to the outside of the box with velcro. That way, I can at least detach and reattach whenever needed. Not the prettiest, but functional. And I couldn't stand up all the cards, so I just bagged those as well and labeled each according to their exp.

Outside of box. Rulebooks and a couple boards stored in poly bags and attached to the box.

Box opened. Top level sitting on the removeable lid are the boards.

Lid lifted, showing removeable tray containing all base game components and minis.

Tray removed, all exp. items w/ The Dragon components in the middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the dimensions on the box you are using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to do something like this, as Talisman is a huge space hog in my game cabinet. I have 7 of the 14 Expansions and to be able to fit everything in 1 box would be amazing. One question, was the drop in already part of the box or was that something you modded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gervais
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's what I made for storing my Talisman & expansions:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1948591/my-custom-talisman-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.