Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Zaleski
United States
Wintersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I've played too much Puerto Rico, or maybe we're missing it, but when you take victory points do you place them face down? Or should your victory points be visible.

Seems like a scoring track is generally used if points are intended to be public knowledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you lay your victory points open or covered (with the black side up) is not clearly stated in the rules.

However, on page 8, under "Winning the game", it says:
"Count the victory points in hand that you have gained."

So, I would read from that, that all victory points you get during the game and during the end phase remain (virtually) in your hand. Thus not visible for your opponent(s).

I would say, that victory points are hidden throughout the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Boyle
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Proud Balmain Board Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
We play hidden. Since they arise from cards activated when running the city, we reckon they have the same status (ie hidden) as VPs gained from cards built as part of the city. [Most of these cards are flipped or built over during the game]

As other VPs gained/lost are visible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent, I think, was to have them hidden -- that's why there is no score track. Of course, it is all trackable; but few would bother to actually do that! On the other hand, if your group favors open scoring you could simply use a generic score track (or Score app!) to record everything as you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.