8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Tikal II on Tanga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Tikal II just got posted on Tanga for $32.99 + 6.99 shipping - looks like most gaming sites carry it for around 39.99 so roughly $7 cheaper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
brian10386 wrote:
Tikal II just got posted on Tanga for $32.99 + 6.99 shipping - looks like most gaming sites carry it for around 39.99 so roughly $7 cheaper

$7 cheaper? $32.99 + $6.99 = $39.98... so a penny cheaper

I've picked up several items on amazon from 3rd party sellers... often times it's only $0.01 or so... and then some fixed amount per item for shipping... not like I got them for just a penny

edit: ps: and before anyone jumps on this because they love Tikal like I do... this isn't your parents Tikal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
JeffyJeff wrote:
brian10386 wrote:

I've picked up several items on amazon from 3rd party sellers... often times it's only $0.01 or so... and then some fixed amount per item for shipping... not like I got them for just a penny

edit: ps: and before anyone jumps on this because they love Tikal like I do... this isn't your parents Tikal

Sorry - I was working under the assumption of comparable shipping costs from other sites. You are right that if you could forgo that cost they would be the same price (sometimes tough to convince the wife that spending $60 more on a $40 game in order to get free shipping from CSI for instance makes sense - not that I haven't tried...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amazon has for $33.42 free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Downs
United States
Granville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brian10386 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
brian10386 wrote:

Sorry - I was working under the assumption of comparable shipping costs from other sites. You are right that if you could forgo that cost they would be the same price (sometimes tough to convince the wife that spending $60 more on a $40 game in order to get free shipping from CSI for instance makes sense - not that I haven't tried...

Don't apologize - this conversation goes on and on here. People hate Tanga, people like Tanga. Whether or not to add shipping into the price. On and on. The bottom line is that tanga is generally under CSi when adding in shipping, whether it is a penny or about 5 bucks. Considering my cheapest shipping option from CSi for this is 13.97, I think it was fair to post. The argument contrary has someone paying a penny more to contribute the cost of the game to a free shipping order.

I personally, rarely have the ability to throw down $125 bucks on games, or else I wouldn't be on the Hot Deals subscription
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:

Actually, looks like that's the price for the original Tikal, not Tikal II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
worshipsf wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:

Actually, looks like that's the price for the original Tikal, not Tikal II.

you are very right! i googled amazon tikal ii but clicked a link just for tikal, thanks for the correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much different from Tikal, but also really awesome. Good find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.